Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Amex

So as we all know BBVA is completely crazy this week! Anyway I was kind of curious what the community thinks would happen if I were to apply for this card. 

Background: I've been with BBVA for about 6 years now. I have a checking, saving, & money market with them. Total assets with BBVA > $100k. My scores and credit cards are in my siggy. 

I am in the garden now and plan on staying there but to satisfy this itch I am just curious what kind of deal I would get with this card Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA Amex

Don't get the card because everyone is tripping over each other for it. Get it because you actually want it. If now isn't the right time I'm sure it will be around in another few months.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Don't get the card because everyone is tripping over each other for it. Get it because you actually want it. If now isn't the right time I'm sure it will be around in another few months.

I have no plans to leave the garden until April 2017! I am just curious what your thoughts are. If I was going to get this card I would go to my bank and talk to them in person as they have always treated me well. I have plenty of what I need for now but I am just curious what everyone thinks about it. This is why I posted it here instead of apps thread

Message 3 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yes I'm sure they would approve you. I got it because I wanted an IN with BBVA. I'm not clear what you're asking for though.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Yes I'm sure they would approve you. I got it because I wanted an IN with BBVA. I'm not clear what you're asking for though.

I'm just curious what kind of SL and APR you think I could get given my history with BBVA... Although it seems nobody on here has much experience with them other than this card so I might not find much here. Sorry if I was being unclear. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I'm just curious what kind of SL and APR you think I could get given my history with BBVA... Although it seems nobody on here has much experience with them other than this card so I might not find much here. Sorry if I was being unclear. 

Nobody knows what you will get, and if you plan on being in the garden for 2 years, why do you care?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems they are asking for a general opinion on what type of approval they might receive. Credit line, APR etc., Which none of us could provide bc it varies.
I've seen the higher 20k+ approvals but also a couple lower limit 2kish approvals so no way to tell for certain. Maybe others can help.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Nobody knows what you will get, and if you plan on being in the garden for 2 years, why do you care?

Really just because this is the bank I've been with for the longest and they have never had any credit cards worth much to me in the past. Just curious is all. 

THREAD CLOSED

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It seems they are asking for a general opinion on what type of approval they might receive. Credit line, APR etc., Which none of us could provide bc it varies.
I've seen the higher 20k+ approvals but also a couple lower limit 2kish approvals so no way to tell for certain. Maybe others can help.

$500 at 23.24% Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$500 at 23.24% Smiley Tongue

Just what I wanted to hear! Time to leave the garden and app now!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.