cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass AMEX pre-apporval. How legit is it?

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

BBVA Compass AMEX pre-apporval. How legit is it?

Just received a pre-approval email from BBVA Compass NBA AMEX. Is it a solid? Legit?

I'm supposed to be gardening BUT....if there's a chance to diversify and get a competitive limit, I may just entertain the offer.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass AMEX pre-apporval. How legit is it?

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Just received a pre-approval email from BBVA Compass NBA AMEX. Is it a solid? Legit?

I'm supposed to be gardening BUT....if there's a chance to diversify and get a competitive limit, I may just entertain the offer.

I'll say it again.  Garden.

That offer will be there down the road as well as others.

Message 2 of 27
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Question is how legit is BBVA? Forget about it, it's not worth leaving the garden over. Diversity and more competitive limits will come after a good gardening.
Message 3 of 27
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

Not trying to go against other member above, but I just received my NBA Amex without pre-approval, 20K, $200 opening bonus.

Just do whatever you want!

Message 4 of 27
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Your not going against anyone, we all have opinions and they are worth the same. congrats on your approval. I just am leery of BBVA, but hey it's a ymmv type of thing, once again congrats.
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an specific APR? I cold applied for this card, I never received a pre-approval so I cannot tell you if it is legit or not !!!

Message 6 of 27
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

I'll say it again.  Garden.

That offer will be there down the road as well as others.

Garden? What is that Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
... I just am leery of BBVA

Leery in what way? I don't know anything about them but I've seen reports of decent credit limits from them lately so I am curious. I haven't seen negative reports about them.

Message 8 of 27
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

It was an email offer. No specific APR and a "Apply Now" button. The reaons for asking as this doesn't appear to be a legit pre-approval offer but more like a marketing push.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 9 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ysettle4 wrote:

It was an email offer. No specific APR and a "Apply Now" button. The reaons for asking as this doesn't appear to be a legit pre-approval offer but more like a marketing push.

These are simply marketing invitiations to apply, not really pre-approval offers.  When I recevied an actual preapproval offer from BBVA (not for the NBA AmEX), it had a specific APR.  It would still be subject to a HP and their UW criteria.

So, you're welcome to spin the BBVA wheel of credit (not sure what your prize will be, if any) since BBVA has been dicey lately (your credit and YEMV of course); but I would heed Irish's advice Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.