cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass AMEX pre-apporval. How legit is it?

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass AMEX pre-apporval. How legit is it?

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

I was approved a couple of months ago for a $20k SL at 12.24% with a 6 month 00% intro and a $200 spending bonus.  I've had zero issues with this card and I use it on a regular basis - hit the spending bonus already and I really like the feature that any purchase made shows up on my smartphone instantly. I know some on MyFico had issues with this bank - I've had none.

What is youe EX score? profile? If you dno't mind sharing

Mid-700's across all CRA's (EX is the lowest), just under 3% utility, very thick file, 28 open active revolvers (only 2 with a balance 00% balance on 1, special 5.99% financing on a Lowes major project) , 2 car loans, 1 mortgage, no derogs (although EX lists one which is currently being disputed), over $250k in revolving credit lines. 

Message 21 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

My EX was 747 when they pulled. Have a boat load of new accounts. Probably 18 to 20 when I apped in a 4 month period. 1 car loan and mortgage. Approved at 9.24% and $19,500 SL.
Message 22 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
Dang how do I get on the list for the PreApproval emailer lol!

appears the one I read said "re-apply" ??  Does that mean person was denied and now they want him to apply again if you read that screen shot.

Message 23 of 27
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I did get denied.. for the famous can not verify Identity BS that they were pulling back during the app frenzy.

I got so frustrated with their crap I just finally gave up

Message 24 of 27
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

I was approved a couple of months ago for a $20k SL at 12.24% with a 6 month 00% intro and a $200 spending bonus.  I've had zero issues with this card and I use it on a regular basis - hit the spending bonus already and I really like the feature that any purchase made shows up on my smartphone instantly. I know some on MyFico had issues with this bank - I've had none.

What is youe EX score? profile? If you dno't mind sharing

Mid-700's across all CRA's (EX is the lowest), just under 3% utility, very thick file, 28 open active revolvers (only 2 with a balance 00% balance on 1, special 5.99% financing on a Lowes major project) , 2 car loans, 1 mortgage, no derogs (although EX lists one which is currently being disputed), over $250k in revolving credit lines. 

My profile/EX score is not strong enough at the moment I beleive. I'll pass

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 25 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jason86423 wrote:

I did get denied.. for the famous can not verify Identity BS that they were pulling back during the app frenzy.

I got so frustrated with their crap I just finally gave up

That was wondering as I read "RE-APPLY" I was like huh

Message 26 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

Thanks!  It looks like one of the issues is BBVA offers this attractive uncapped 5% promotion but then they are skittish and freeze some peoples accounts while the promotion is ongoing.  

Uncapped 5% promos can be pretty unsustainable (see Amex OBC and Citi 5x TYP for recent examples) and this is even more fraught by being on everything (Chase had such a card a while back, 5% on everything for the first six months).     Given that such promos are going to be abused, it's not surprising that BBVA got skittish.   They should have added some cap in the first place of course.

Wells Fargo plays similar games with it's 6 month 5x card (in certain categories), not refreshing available credit quickly etc.   In that case, people are planning anyway to S/D close the card after 6 months, here I assume BBVA is hoping people will stay and use it outside the promo.  Not a good way to treat customers.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.