Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass Hard Inquiry

tag
creditcrasher13

BBVA Compass Hard Inquiry

Hello All, 

Long time reader and rebuilder here. I just wanted to let everyone know of a recent experience with the BBVA Compass CC app process. 

I started filling out the app online and got as far as the terms and conditions only to back out and not click agree or submit!

Anyone who has used their online app is probably familiar with their multi step form and knows that each step asks for different personal info. 

Well apparently after you enter your SS they pull a hard inquiry, even WITHOUT submitting the app.....

I called this morning because I did this yesterday and got the alert on TU that a hard inquiry was done and was told that I would need to dispute the inquiry with their Loan Research department.....

PS I didn't want to ask about the app considering I really didn't wanna apply at the moment and wanted to wait until one baddie fell off next month.

Just something to watch out for!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass Hard Inquiry

Thanks for the heads up! They may get added to my team next yr when my last two baddies fall off TU. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 3
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass Hard Inquiry

Thanks for the info Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.