Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA Account Suspended!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA NBA Account Suspended!

Yes-its-me,  thank you.   I really wish you luck with your application.   With what happened to a few people,  I do not see this has a wide spread problem as of yet.     I do have a few new accounts on my credit report that were not there when I applied for this card.   Even with me closing this account I still have 191K of available credit to me.   Maybe that spooked them.    Also,  I found out yesterday I had transposed my bank account number I used to pay that account with and maybe that is what caused this.    What's ironic about that is I figured the mistake with my paying checking account yesterday on my own when the payment I submitted on the 14th was not posted to my checking account yet.   When I found this out,  I phoned customer service at BBVA right away to explain what happened and to apologize profulsely for the mistake.    I was told I would be charged a returned payment fee but that I could I resubmit the payment.    I again apologized for the inconveniece.  I just wanted BBVA to know it was not on purpose.   I have not even received a bill or statement as of yet.  

It would just be easier if someone could give you a straight answer instead of what appears to be the run arround.   I just phoned one more time and was given an address to write to in hopes of receiving an answer as to why.    I am not in their banking area to be able to go to a branch in person.   

If anyone needs an address to write them:

BBVA Compass

Attention: {Edited to remove personal information}

P.O. Box 10566

Birmingham, AL 35296

Message 141 of 259
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Appreciate you sharing that in-depth experience from them with the forum Chief_Wahoo

Who wouldn't be frustrated? You have quality lenders, a solid profile, etc. was already approved and issued the card and made charges etc.

To have to have been put thru all that series of being bandied around like that is utterly completely unacceptable.

Which now begs to question if these adverse account suspensions/closures are somehow being done at random and/or if THEY are, do they even have a clue yet that they are allowed to share with those affected to the purpose of why after issuing credit cards they are taking steps to scale some back?

Message 142 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes-its-me,  thank you.   I really wish you luck with your application.   With what happened to a few people,  I do not see this has a wide spread problem as of yet.     I do have a few new accounts on my credit report that were not there when I applied for this card.   Even with me closing this account I still have 191K of available credit to me.   Maybe that spooked them.    Also,  I found out yesterday I had transposed my bank account number I used to pay that account with and maybe that is what caused this.    What's ironic about that is I figured the mistake with my paying checking account yesterday on my own when the payment I submitted on the 14th was not posted to my checking account yet.   When I found this out,  I phoned customer service at BBVA right away to explain what happened and to apologize profulsely for the mistake.    I was told I would be charged a returned payment fee but that I could I resubmit the payment.    I again apologized for the inconveniece.  I just wanted BBVA to know it was not on purpose.   I have not even received a bill or statement as of yet.  

It would just be easier if someone could give you a straight answer instead of what appears to be the run arround.   I just phoned one more time and was given an address to write to in hopes of receiving an answer as to why.    I am not in their banking area to be able to go to a branch in person.   

If anyone needs an address to write them:

BBVA Compass

Attention:{Edited}

P.O. Box 10566

Birmingham, AL 35296

Agreed.  I have used mine quite this weekend with no problems.. knock on wood..  It really is terrible.  Perhaps, instead of giving out high limits they can invest a few dollars in training  their CSRs to be more knowledgeable about their products? We shall see..

Message 143 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Appreciate you sharing that in-depth experience with them with the forum Chief_Wahoo

Who wouldn't be frustrated? You have quality lenders, a solid profile, etc. was already approved and issued the card and made charges etc.

To have to have been put thru all that series of being bandied around like that is utterly completely unacceptable.

Which now begs to question if these adverse account suspensions/closures are somehow being done at random and/or if THEY are, do they even have a clue yet that they are allowed to share with those affected to the purpose of why after issuing credit cards they are taking steps to scale some back?

I think if it was simply a matter of scaling back they would be calling back some of those limits and lowering them rather than shutting down accounts and giving themselves a bad name in the process.

Message 144 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exacly Nixon,  much like the equality card did.   When I received my card,  it said I had a $9,500 limit yet when I activated the card and set up online access it said my limit was $5,000.   I then called and was told the bank lowered the limit to 5K.

Message 145 of 259
msbia
Established Contributor

I try to look for patterns or common denominators, so I wondered if the three account closures were all ones who were not instantly approved and had to call in for verification? I'm pretty sure I saw B335 had to call in before approval. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 146 of 259
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Kenny wrote:
Reminder about talk about selective freezing of bureaus in order to make a lender pull a more favorable bureau is prohibited on this forum. Please abide by the rules.

Bad word choices. Didn't know that this would be so incendiary when I posted this. I assumed everyone knew what I meant when I posted this. Of course, the freezing of one bureau for the lender to pull another is something that myFICO cannot condone. 

Key words that should have been added are in red. Smiley Wink 

Shogun said it perfectly. I try to be a friendly, neighborhood mod, too... sometimes my delivery must seem like I'm not. Apologize if anyone thought that I was targeting them. That's certainly not the case.

Message 147 of 259
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
First of all I DID NOT violate ANY TOS. Another poster did I was just backing him up. Second of all EVERY CITIZEN under FEDERAL law can freeze there credit reports. Your acting like it is illegal or something. Third of all I pay 30 bucks a month to your company for credit monitoring services and unless you WANT ME TO CANCEL that I would stop attacking paying members.

Nominated for the **** threat of the year!  $30 each month, every month.   I'm sure MyFico will capitulate rather than risk losing that revenue stream!

Message 148 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

I try to look for patterns or common denominators, so I wondered if the three account closures were all ones who were not instantly approved and had to call in for verification? I'm pretty sure I saw B335 had to call in before approval. 

Msbia,   I was not instantly approved.    BBVA did phone me though about 60 minutes after I submitted the application and asked me some verification questions.    I was emailed the next day about the approval and then phoned in just to find out starting credit limit.     

Message 149 of 259
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Exacly Nixon,  much like the equality card did.   When I received my card,  it said I had a $9,500 limit yet when I activated the card and set up online access it said my limit was $5,000.   I then called and was told the bank lowered the limit to 5K.

It looks like BBVA Compass is retroactively reevaluating accounts and reducing CL's as they see necessary. I wonder if that is also applicable to APR's as well Smiley Frustrated

Message 150 of 259
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.