Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA Account Suspended!

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA NBA Account Suspended!

@northface28 wrote:

@happypill wrote:

I almost had a moment of weakness when I saw that the AF would be waived for the life of the card, but I came to my senses.  The rewards for this card don't really do anything for me.

The rewards are bleh, but, the $100 sign on bonus, nice starting limit ($8500), low APR (11%), and no AF for life is enough for me. I will use the hell out of this card during the NBA FInals and All Star weekend when its 5% back on ALL purchases.

Ahh I probably should apply now to get the card in time for the 5% back. Thanks for sharing. 

Message 241 of 259
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As soon as our Am Ex statement hits and reports any day now will apply for the DW. We just paid over $4000 on the card and that should put her utilization way down and scores back up.

I did not want to put her on mine as I feel she should qualify on her own.

Don't see why anything changed with their approval process. We can't measure a lender strictly by what My Fico members are doing. Most of the established members on this forum already applied that is why there are no recent updates.

Me and the wife applied yesterday. I got 20K. she got 30K. Tu 720s for me 750s for her. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 242 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As soon as our Am Ex statement hits and reports any day now will apply for the DW. We just paid over $4000 on the card and that should put her utilization way down and scores back up.

Don't see why anything changed with their approval process. We can't measure a lender strictly by what My Fico members are doing. Most of the established members on this forum already applied that is why there are no recent updates.

Me and the wife applied yesterday. I got 20K. she got 30K. Tu 720s for me 750s for her. 

Congrats.  Fantastic starting limits for both of you.

Message 243 of 259
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think on a new card one should minimize swipes to maybe 2 during the first week and not for large purchases. Build up to more activity.When people steal or use a counterfeit card they attempt a lot of purchases as soon as they get it.

As far as a frozen file goes that can be a red flag. That is a fraud protection mechanism in the eyes of a lender,  or an attempt by a borrower to block a lender from accessing specific bureaus for some reason.

I hope Elizabeth Warren's CFPB can help resolve your problems with BBVA too.

I spent $2500 on my prestige card over the first 2 days. No issues. haha. 

I spent 5k on my CSP during the first week and 25k over 6 months, never had an issue. I put nearly 50k/yr on my old amex blue, including over 2k first week, never had an issue. I spent 3k in the first 10 days of my citi AA card and no issues. I don't see why you'd have to limit your purchases during the first week unless this is some shabby 2nd rate bank.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 244 of 259
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think on a new card one should minimize swipes to maybe 2 during the first week and not for large purchases. Build up to more activity.When people steal or use a counterfeit card they attempt a lot of purchases as soon as they get it.

As far as a frozen file goes that can be a red flag. That is a fraud protection mechanism in the eyes of a lender,  or an attempt by a borrower to block a lender from accessing specific bureaus for some reason.

I spent 5k on my CSP during the first week and 25k over 6 months, never had an issue. I put nearly 50k/yr on my old amex blue, including over 2k first week, never had an issue. I spent 3k in the first 10 days of my citi AA card and no issues. I don't see why you'd have to limit your purchases during the first week unless this is some shabby 2nd rate bank.

I've ran about 2k through my Prestige in about 2 weeks...no blinks or declines by Citi. this is after my DC/Dividend sitting mostly unused for about 8 months They provde the CL, they know people will be using card heavily to meet the sign up bonus threshhold. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 245 of 259
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@-Cal- wrote:

Holy crap, I didn't realize that the AF is waived for the life of the account if applied before 6/30/2015. Now I'm actually considering this card... are they still generous with their SLs? 

BTW this thread is TL;DR -- I only read the OP and the last page Smiley Wink

Yes, they very much are. A family member of mine was approved for 20k recently with a thin profile.

Message 246 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife just got approved the other day for $20,000. 722 Ex.

Message 247 of 259
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've ran about 2k through my Prestige in about 2 weeks...no blinks or declines by Citi. this is after my DC/Dividend sitting mostly unused for about 8 months They provde the CL, they know people will be using card heavily to meet the sign up bonus threshhold. 

My first purchase on each of the Discover Miles and Barclays Arrival Plus was online for just over $2k.   The issuers really shouldn't have problems with this, if they do, IMO, it's a bad sign, especially, as LT_L says, when the cards encourage good usage to meet bonuses.  

Message 248 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card isn't 5% back. It is 5 points per dollar spent. You only get 5% back if you can manage to convert points at 1c per point. I haven't looked in a while, but I don't recall seeing any deals where you got that much back.

Message 249 of 259
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Holy crap, I didn't realize that the AF is waived for the life of the account if applied before 6/30/2015. Now I'm actually considering this card... are they still generous with their SLs? 

BTW this thread is TL;DR -- I only read the OP and the last page Smiley Wink

Yes, they very much are. A family member of mine was approved for 20k recently with a thin profile.

Sounds like a great deal. I've tried again reently but they said there was alraedy an application on file despite waiting 30 days from the last one. Oh well. Might give it another go before the 30th but I'm so glad that they're still being this generous. I'll wait after the 20th to be safe.

And a day where you can get 5% of all purchases on weekends? I did not know that at all. That also just got me interested.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 250 of 259
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.