Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA Account Suspended!

tag
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: BBVA NBA Account Suspended!

@FinStar wrote:
...For one, I didn't apply due to high SL...

What does "SL" mean?  I've seen this term used in two BBVA threads, checked the common abbreviations post, but couldn't find the definition.  From context I'm guessing "Spending Limit" but why SL instead of CL?  Is this card different from a regular credit card?

Message 31 of 259
baller4life
Super Contributor

Starting limit
Message 32 of 259
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I'll eat my words!! Went to make my first charge at Ralph's for $293. DENIED! Called the idiots at BBVA and all he said is "your account is under review and charging is suspended". I asked for a Manager and "there isn't one for this Department, they'll be in tomorrow morning." I just activated it yesterday (Wednesday), no clue why they couldn't mention something then.

Fortunately my REAL Amex SPG bailed me out.

Just like the old AMEX TV commercial "Never leave Home Without it".

Good luck to you on resolving this issue.

Message 33 of 259
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I'll eat my words!! Went to make my first charge at Ralph's for $293. DENIED! Called the idiots at BBVA and all he said is "your account is under review and charging is suspended". I asked for a Manager and "there isn't one for this Department, they'll be in tomorrow morning." I just activated it yesterday (Wednesday), no clue why they couldn't mention something then.

Ok nixon. We get t. Lol. Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 259
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Well this sucks. Makes me glad I didn't jump on it though. There's always something with these bandwagon cards...
Message 35 of 259
baller4life
Super Contributor

B335 I sure hope that get it sorted out. That really sucks dude!! Smiley Frustrated
Message 36 of 259
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Yeah ducky LOVE, I love my Duck card,  $5k limit, 14 months old, 12% APR, got the card, BT'd about 3 grand to it, made  2-3x minimum payment to it card and limit still open and availible. If it wasn't for their crappy website that keeps locking me out because I fat fingered the password too often it would be perfect, now I just use the phone system to pay my bill each month. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 37 of 259
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Hope everything works out in the end BMW! Still waiting for my letter

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 38 of 259
NRB525
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I will Finstar. The cashier even said "sweet card where'd you get it?" Then it declined and said yeah it's pretty sweet huh. I think that's why I'm really not as mad about it as it may appear.

Not fun to get any decline at the register, but perhaps the cashier should have then said "Oh, nice card! Where'd you make it?" Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 39 of 259
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear B...  Curious if we will see more of this or not and hoepfully you and other poster that this happened for get it resolved.

BBVA/Compass is not a CU size organization, they are a pretty good size bank to be honest.  I think they honestly have the assets to support not only the MyFico limits they were handing out but way beyong the MyFico communit as we are a VERY small portion of their credit profile..  They are the main sponsors for regards to CC's for the NBA and adverstise this during games, for freak sakes I have seen multiple commericals advertising them during games on TV and I gurantee their are tons of people applying for credit with them and they have the ability and reserves to hand out these limits.

Anyways best of luck B and the other that got suspended and/or reviewed.  Hope for the best turn out and curious if any more will become of this.

Message 40 of 259
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.