Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA NBA Card - CLOSED without notice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA NBA Card - CLOSED without notice

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry to heard that. Everyone needs to understand there a regional smaller bank and they can not issue out that much credit. From what I have seen on THIS BOARD ALONE they issued over 75 Million in new credit in a matter of days. That's to much for them to sustain. Also they set the requirements to loose I think. I would not be shocked if they start doing a massive cancelation of accounts. That is just to much risk for a Credit Union to take on that quick

I didn't know they were a credit union. I thought they were a commercial bank.

Message 31 of 150
baller4life
Super Contributor

BBVA IS A BANK!!!!
Message 32 of 150
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Oh I know BBVA is a BANK and not a credit union. I find that hilarious. Even moreso the "$75 mil" claim.

Unreal isn't it baller... just unreal.  What some people will do just for their 25 seconds of posting fame!  Smiley Indifferent

Of course, we'll still carry on to see if there's any pattern and hopefully that's the only documented closure.  Mia & I will take ours for a test drive and see.

Message 33 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sorry to heard that. Everyone needs to understand there a regional smaller bank and they can not issue out that much credit. From what I have seen on THIS BOARD ALONE they issued over 75 Million in new credit in a matter of days. That's to much for them to sustain. Also they set the requirements to loose I think. I would not be shocked if they start doing a massive cancelation of accounts. That is just to much risk for a Credit Union to take on that quick

Well in his defense earlier in the post he referred to it as a regional bank.

Message 34 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Oh I know BBVA is a BANK and not a credit union. I find that hilarious. Even moreso the "$75 mil" claim.

Unreal isn't it baller... just unreal.  What some people will do just for their 25 seconds of posting fame!  Smiley Indifferent

Of course, we'll still carry on to see if there's any pattern and hopefully that's the only documented closure.  Mia & I will take ours for a test drive and see.

I don't know if I can really use your results as a bellwether.

Your OCCU card didn't get shut down, did it.

Message 35 of 150
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct, they are a bank, just like baller and others have mentioned.  dusting31g posted incorrect data on both counts.

Message 36 of 150
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Does anyone know when Diners will accept new apps?

Smiley Tongue
Message 37 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I'd app.

After seeing approvals in my neighborhood of profiles.

Message 38 of 150
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Adding to the "sorry this happened" responses but i think everyone should wait and see if any others fall victim to a sudden and immediate closure before drawing any clear comparisons.

I have had my doubts lately on apping after this card myself with some of the most recent denial posts where those profiles seem quite acceptable.

Message 39 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I'd app.

After seeing approvals in my neighborhood of profiles.

@Anonymous,

I thought you were gardeningSmiley Tongue

Message 40 of 150
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.