BBY RZ MC Prequalified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBY RZ MC Prequalified

Will that mean approval?

I carry the following with $0 balances on all:

Orchard, unsecured - $320

First Primevil, unsecured - $500 (dumping in June before annual fee)

Cap One, unsecured - $500

CL at CU, unsecured - $600 (ready cash for OD protection)

Thoughts?

Rebuilding.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mahendra82
Contributor

Re: BBY RZ MC Prequalified

You already have an HSBC card. Why would you want another one? I say stick with your current revolving or perhaps apply for a store card that gives high CL. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shop at BBY a lot.  Also, I will be dumping FP in June so I was thinking I should replace.

Does prequal = approval though with them?

Or I could take the BBY and dump Orchard?  Get the perks of BBY?  or is it not worth it?

Only store card I would be remotely interested in is Nordtrom... and I doubt I am qualified yet for that.

Message 3 of 8
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Pre-qualify never means approval.  Only that you met some of the basic criteria their marketing department saw as a fit.  Nothing to do with their credit department who does the actual evaluation for approval.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Think I'll save my inquiry for later this year Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
mahendra82
Contributor

Why don't you try their preapp? I think they soft. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah if you did the online pre approval and you were already approved for all those other cards it's almost impossible not get approved for this card. Minus the hit in AAofA, if you shop at BB alot like you said I'd go ahead and get it if you really want it but expect a LOW credit limit in the area of $100, $300, or $500 unless you have a great credit. Also see if you're prequalified for the gold or platinum to estimate cl.

Message 7 of 8
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Naaaaah, their current score is 588 and the 3 cards they have are all low-limit subs (sub-prime), so I wouldn't advise them to stay on the road to low-limits.  Just let it grow a while because purchases at BB with a $100-200 limit will pretty much max you out instantly.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.