Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBuy retail card CLI request TU HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBuy retail card CLI request TU HP?

I'm thinking I want the iPhone X. Best Buy would be 12 months no interest if I charge to my Best Buy card. To pad the usage, I'm thinking about a CLI request.  Is the Best Buy retail card with Citi CLI request still a hard pull with TU?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BBuy retail card CLI request TU HP?

Usually for me and many, they use Equifax though maybe someone got lucky with a TU pull.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Usually for me and many, they use Equifax though maybe someone got lucky with a TU pull.

As long as it’s not with Experian. I’ll be ok I guess.  Experian seems to be very inquiry sensitive when it comes to scoring for me. One inquiry always cost me numerous points. Do you have any idea what makes Citi say no a CLI on the BB card?

Message 3 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

As long as it’s not with Experian. I’ll be ok I guess.  Experian seems to be very inquiry sensitive when it comes to scoring for me. One inquiry always cost me numerous points. Do you have any idea what makes Citi say no a CLI on the BB card?

I never used to have that probem with EX before--but I do now. Same with EQ. Whenever I get a new INQ or a new acct.---I end up losing anywhere from 10 to 15 pts!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 7
peghede
Valued Contributor

When i try to cli my best buy visa they always wanna hard pull TU.and i have to cancel request .i keep my reports on iceee and don't need hp from citi or bofa....however  they did auto sp cli $1700 few months back.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I distinctive remember Best Buy pulling TU when I applied for the card a few years back.  

I called in my CLI two days ago and they indeed pulled Equifax.  I didn't get an alert from myFICO (a whole another issue and thread).  I refreshed my credit karma this morning and there I saw the inquiry on Equifax.

I was going to ask for an increase from $3000 to $7000 but the rep stated that they do not counter offer if you are denied.  So I lowered my request to $6000 and was approved,

I really like using my card because I aways choose the zero financing option.  It's 6,12,18 or 24 months no interest based on the price of the item. I have not paid interest on this card but have purchased lots of items.

Message 6 of 7
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I have seen them counter offer. Not via phone but via website. When I first got the card years ago I tried to go from $300 to $5000 and they countered me with $2500 via a letter, it wasn't an instant approval. I have not even bothered with another cli attempt with them in years because I hate hard pulls for CLI.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.