Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE CLI question

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

BCE CLI question

My 6 months mark is coming up and my current CL is $20K

When I called, the lady told me that in order to go past $25K, AMEX always asks for paystubs etc. Is that correct?

I know there is always a possibility that htey ask but I wasn't sure if they always ask.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: BCE CLI question

@CS800 wrote:

My 6 months mark is coming up and my current CL is $20K

When I called, the lady told me that in order to go past $25K, AMEX always asks for paystubs etc. Is that correct?

I know there is always a possibility that htey ask but I wasn't sure if they always ask.

That is correct! if you check out mustang's AMEX 3x thread, you will read that many have reported some sort of income documentation (most have noted tax forms, though some may be able to get away with paystubs), for asking for more than 25k.

There are the lucky outliers who don't get flagged at all for the increase, and have gone above 25k without documentations. these members tend to have a very long, flawless (or near flawless) relationship with AMEX.

All the best, and GL!

Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AFAIK yes anything over 25k expect them to ask for docs.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Go for 25k, more if you really wanted to.

Either way, 25k is an awesome CL.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 5
CS800
Super Contributor

My BCE is currently at $20K. I'd like to shoot for $30K and I will have no problem giving them pay documents. But do they counter?

Lets say I ask $30K and they come back with $25K?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.