Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE LUV Question

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: BCE LUV Question

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hmm well I got approved for the card with like 12% util.

Yea, when I got the card I was at 17% and Barclay's just gave me a CLI at 10% so I figured it was worth a shot Smiley Happy

No link or email from them yet, Ill post back when I get it.

Message 11 of 27
RonDawg
Contributor

@minimock wrote:

Well, I was flat turned down at 61 days..... So I waited 6 months plus a few days...

Got this

Request a Line of Credit Increase

Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. 
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.

Anyone ever got this and got the LUV?

I only tried 2X this time Smiley Very Happy

usually when you get that message from AMEX on a CLI that means declined.  When I select CLI for my BCE card I get the CLI right away not a 7-10 day message.  However I did recieve that 7-10 day message when I applied the second time and when I did read the message I just slapped myself. I applied the second time 2 months after I was approved the first time and of course that was a no you have to wait 6 months between approvals.

my starting credit limit with BCE was 5.5k and currently it is at 15k

It also matters how much your applying to get so say your CL is 5k you can't just go ask for 15k try to aim a bit lower on your first CLI try say 7k  or 8k

Also I have found that AMEX does a random soft enquiry about every other month. and this is through Experian for me.  Check your Experian credit report and see whats on it as well.   If your UTL has dropped in the past 2 months make sure that you give it a couple of months for AMEX to catch up. I have also found when you press the CLI button it does not do a soft enquiry but goes off of what is in their system at the time of their last random pull.

Good Luck I hope what I have gone through helps you some.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 12 of 27
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate your input Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minimock wrote:

Yea, when I got the card I was at 17% and Barclay's just gave me a CLI at 10% so I figured it was worth a shot Smiley Happy

If you don't mind me asking is this your total util or just for the card itself? I have done alot of CLI and was never very lucky with them.

Message 14 of 27
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@minimock wrote:

If you don't mind me asking is this your total util or just for the card itself? I have done alot of CLI and was never very lucky with them.

10% total, 8% on BCE

Message 15 of 27
RonDawg
Contributor

@minimock wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate your input Smiley Happy

Your very welcome, I hope it helps you.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 16 of 27
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Maybe your utilization was higher on their last SP.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 17 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Banks didnt used to base clis off of sps they did a month before... They used to just soft you whenever you requested the cli... This new practice is pissing me off!!!! Bc if you are like us, you try to improve your score the most right before you submit such a request!!! Stupid Barclay's, GECRB, and Amex (the ones I KNOW do this). They prob have some new contracts with the CRAs or something bc Im fairly certain they have to pay each time they pull a sp on our CRs.Grrrr

Weird... Barclay's denied me TWICE for a cli, and my util has gone wayyyyy down!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 27
CS800
Super Contributor

@minimock wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

NEVER... EVER apply for CLI with 30%+ utility you'll be turned down 100% of the time. If you can not get it down to under 5% with Amex I don't think it's even worth trying. Haven't ever seen success. 

I am at 10% now....

I guess the question that comes to mind is why wouldnt they just deny it like before instead of the 7-10 day deal.

I was denied a CLI with 5% total util. Reason was obvious though. Too many recent inquiries and new accounts. I had it coming so I was expecting it.

Message 19 of 27
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Well no CLI and no email, guess just wait on the snail mail DENIED......

I love rejection LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.