Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE PC to BCP

tag
w003ptr
Contributor

BCE PC to BCP

Is this possible (I've had BCE > 12 mo).  If so, is it possible to get the AF waived for the first year?

If Walmart is grocery (it's grocery for Chase) then my combined spending at real grocery stores, Walmart, and Sam's (via walmart gift card) will make BCP much better for me than BCE.  So I'm considering the PC.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: BCE PC to BCP

@w003ptr wrote:

Is this possible (I've had BCE > 12 mo).  If so, is it possible to get the AF waived for the first year?

If Walmart is grocery (it's grocery for Chase) then my combined spending at real grocery stores, Walmart, and Sam's (via walmart gift card) will make BCP much better for me than BCE.  So I'm considering the PC.

it is possible to PC once your account is >12 months.

And no, Amex will not waive AF.

That same walmart may or may not be labelled as a grocery store under Amex's network as well. Chase is running on visa / MC networks.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Since you already have the BCE, why not do a small purchase at that walmart and see what it is classified as (and eventually if you get the 3%)

Message 3 of 6
H4LO
Established Contributor

@w003ptr wrote:

Walmart isn't coded as SuperMarket. So to be honest, its not that great. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 4 of 6
w003ptr
Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Since you already have the BCE, why not do a small purchase at that walmart and see what it is classified as (and eventually if you get the 3%)

This is the plan, but I'm just looking ahead just in case it does turn out to be 3% for Amex as well.

The other thing I realized is that I buy gas almost exclusively at Kroger so I am also going to start buying Kroger gift cards with my BCE.. At least when gas isn't a 5% rotating for my other cards.  If Walmart does end up being an Amex grocery store I will be able to SD almost all my other cards since groceries/gas/sams&walmart is the bulk of my expenses.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 5 of 6
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

Walmart Neighborhood Marts are Amex grocery stores.  Other Walmarts are not.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.