Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE Spend $79 or more, get $15 back @ Walmart

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: BCE Spend $79 or more, get $15 back @ Walmart

@kdm31091 wrote:
If it states it excludes gift cards id assume theyre going to somehow track what youre buying.

More importantly it makes no sense to go out of your way to spend the money if you werent already going to. 15 bucks off doesnt mean anything if you werent planning a purchase there anyway. Dont spend just to get a reward.

Totally agree.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Don't have it myself. Amex no love me (maybe just because redeemed cash back?)
Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Don't have it myself. Amex no love me (maybe just because redeemed cash back?)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well.  Just a couple of weeks ago, I redeemed an offer for samsclub.com ($20 off any purchase $20 or greater). 

Although I must add that if it was an 'either/or' thing, I prefer the offer I was able to redeem.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you guys seeing this offer? I just checked and I don't have it, but I want it!

Message 14 of 25
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Maybe it's targeted offer ! Mine shows about 64 offers on my Amex account.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Helo all!

Just wanted to confirm that you will receive your $15 credit even if you buy gift cards. I purchased a $50 and a $30 gift card and received an email almost instantaniously from AMEX to keep a lookout for my credit. As someone stated earlier, it is a "waste" if you're buying something you don't need just for a statement credit, however, if you shop at Walmart, this is an extra $15 in your pocket!

So will it work if I buy $100 Walmart gift card? I shop a lot at Walmart so that will be free money if its doable

Message 16 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Helo all!

Just wanted to confirm that you will receive your $15 credit even if you buy gift cards. I purchased a $50 and a $30 gift card and received an email almost instantaniously from AMEX to keep a lookout for my credit. As someone stated earlier, it is a "waste" if you're buying something you don't need just for a statement credit, however, if you shop at Walmart, this is an extra $15 in your pocket!

So will it work if I buy $100 Walmart gift card? I shop a lot at Walmart so that will be free money if its doable

Yes

Message 17 of 25
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I received this offer on my Zync card, as well as the Sam's Club offer. Surprisingly, my Amex Platinum and EDP get the worst offers from American Express, and they have much higher annual fees than my Zync. My BCE also gets better offers than those two aforementioned cards..

I'm sure the fees probably aren't used as a determinant for decent offers, but it's still interesting.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

targeted offer, not exclusive to BCE..

theres a visa checkout $10 free offer for us bank, $10 for citi on amazon, and also $10 amex checkout

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

I received this offer on my Zync card, as well as the Sam's Club offer. Surprisingly, my Amex Platinum and EDP get the worst offers from American Express, and they have much higher annual fees than my Zync. My BCE also gets better offers than those two aforementioned cards..

I'm sure the fees probably aren't used as a determinant for decent offers, but it's still interesting.

are you single? I was checking out your lineup...then did a triple take at the citi forward card. lol. how long did it take you to aquire all those beauties?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.