cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE decline :( at least I got approved for Chase Freedom with a "decent" limit.

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

BCE decline :( at least I got approved for Chase Freedom with a "decent" limit.

So...A few days ago, I apped for the BCE and got denied. So bummed out! I was sure that I was going to get approved! I have NO baddies. Tried to call to find the reason, and from what the rep told me, they have their own little "risk" score. She told me a bunch of small little reasons, but to be honest, I can't remember them all so i'm going to have to wait until I get the letter.

Since I got denied, I apped for the Chase Freedom card. Was approved for 2k. Called and got it up to 4k.

At least I got a CLI....I still want the BCE though! I thought i'd be able to get it since my credit isn't bad, and since I've already got my foot in the door with the Amex Green! Oh well....Guess its time to wait it out :-/

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: BCE decline :( at least I got approved for Chase Freedom with a "decent" limit.

Same!

I got declined for BCP! argh.

Then I got accepted for CSP.

How long did u have your CSP for before you applied for Freedom btw?
I have a Chase Amazon Visa for almost 2 years and just got CSP. I might want to get a freedom eventually, but I haven't really given that much thought yet.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BCE decline :( at least I got approved for Chase Freedom with a "decent" limit.

Recon BCE again and congrats on Freedom

@zeusta20 wrote:

So...A few days ago, I apped for the BCE and got denied. So bummed out! I was sure that I was going to get approved! I have NO baddies. Tried to call to find the reason, and from what the rep told me, they have their own little "risk" score. She told me a bunch of small little reasons, but to be honest, I can't remember them all so i'm going to have to wait until I get the letter.

Since I got denied, I apped for the Chase Freedom card. Was approved for 2k. Called and got it up to 4k.

At least I got a CLI....I still want the BCE though! I thought i'd be able to get it since my credit isn't bad, and since I've already got my foot in the door with the Amex Green! Oh well....Guess its time to wait it out :-/

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

Wait a minute what happen to the garden...Lol joking

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 37
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Same!

I got declined for BCP! argh.

Then I got accepted for CSP.

How long did u have your CSP for before you applied for Freedom btw?
I have a Chase Amazon Visa for almost 2 years and just got CSP. I might want to get a freedom eventually, but I haven't really given that much thought yet.

I just got the CSP this month too...I got approved for the CSP on March 5th, then apped for the freedom on the 8th, but got declined. They said they wanted to see some activity on the CSP. So then my initial plan was just to wait it out. Then I got an offer in the mail for the freedom this past saturday...and was like, "what??" I thought I got declined. So then I apped again and got approved

So to answer your question...I had the CSP for 19 days....lol.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 5 of 37
enharu
Super Contributor

did that turn out to be 3 inquiries by Chase or just 2? Smiley Surprised

I am very tempted to apply now.

I still see that I am preapproved for Freedom on Chase's website, but maybe because it is not updated since I just got my CSP today x_x

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 37
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

Thats what I tried to do, but then she said that it would count as an inquiry...So I just said, nevermind. Since I got declined, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, its a SP. So instead of putting another HP on my CR, I just decided to leave it as it is. This month alone, I've had about 5 inquiries...So i'm done for a while. 

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 7 of 37
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

Sorry to hear about BCE zues but Congrats on Chase!....how long have you been with AMEX?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

Thats what I tried to do, but then she said that it would count as an inquiry...So I just said, nevermind. Since I got declined, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, its a SP. So instead of putting another HP on my CR, I just decided to leave it as it is. This month alone, I've had about 5 inquiries...So i'm done for a while. 

Yeah I know Lol

Back to the garden now do not pass go..... do not collect 200.00 ...........lmao ....GET TO MARCHING Smiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 37
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

did that turn out to be 3 inquiries by Chase or just 2? Smiley Surprised

I am very tempted to apply now.

I still see that I am preapproved for Freedom on Chase's website, but maybe because it is not updated since I just got my CSP today x_x

I'm not sure to be honest since I haven't seen it on my report yet. I would think three total. 1 For the CSP, 1 for the Declined Freedom, and another for the Approved Freedom

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.