Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE --->>> BCP upgrade approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCE --->>> BCP upgrade approved

Once your card reflects as a Blue Cash Preferred online, your qualified spend will begin for the purpose of fulfilling your upgrade offer. When your new plastic arrives, that plastic will require activation as it is a new card with a different sequence identifier internally.
Message 11 of 32
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Geeky - I hit the button last night so, it's been only 12-16 hours since the blink of an eye approval for the upgrade... thinking later today or overnight refresh should be showing the Preferred conversion.

Pooka - Thanks for the confirmation that I don't actually have to wait for the physical upgrade to apply some spend to get the bonus out of the way.

Message 12 of 32
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

That wasn't too bad of a wait just under 24 hours or so before the updates showed online.  I guess I'm cleared to spend now towards the bonus which won't be hard to accomplish tomorrow when I call the Insurance Co. to get a new policy.  I guess my Fico impatience got to me when I'm usually cool like a cucumber with this sort of thing.  

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

That wasn't too bad of a wait just under 24 hours or so before the updates showed online.  I guess I'm cleared to spend now towards the bonus which won't be hard to accomplish tomorrow when I call the Insurance Co. to get a new policy.  I guess my Fico impatience got to me when I'm usually cool like a cucumber with this sort of thing.  

Congrats! And don't worry about it, I think most of us on this forum are impatient. You should see me constantly nagging the CSR to always rush delivery and expedite my card lol. 

Message 14 of 32
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I've yet to have an expedited card with any issuer.  I don't ask for it though either.  New cards/accounts usually show up in less than a week in my experience so far over the years.  Maybe if I aim for a big hitter like CSR or Platinum in the future I'll test the expedite theory.  

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jfriend & @Humu

American Express does have a targeted offer, which includes a sign up bonus, for some people to upgrade their BCE to BCP. I currently have one for my BCE. 

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade!!

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh right!  That is awesome!  Glad they targeted you for that!

Did you use the BCE quite a bit I take it?

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope it all works out for you, OP.

I'm not sure of the rationale for changing to a $95 per year annual fee card in order to obtain a $150 bonus (the fee cancels out a bonus), but everyone is different. I'm really puzzled by why anyone would want to do this. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

Most of you know I tend to avoid anything with an AF like it's an allergy.  They have a $150 after $1K spend bonus and with an Insurance payment coming up for 2017 policy thought it would be an easy knockout for the spend.  Here's where my quirky thought comes into play though.... The online status says 5-7 days until it arrives.  To max the discount on the auto policy 7 days prior purchase is needed and the Annual amount it's quoting is $1500. So, I'm thinking since all they're doing is reissuing the card with the word Preferred along the side printed on it I can hit that spend before it arrives.  I chatted with the frontline CSR online and they said it had to be on the "new card" which really isn't a new card since the account # and everything stays the same.  I recall seeing somewhere that you can hit the spend on the "new account" with the current card before the new one arrives.  Has anyone done this recently in the last couple of months?

how would u get the bonus of $150 since you are just upgrading a card???  You would need to actually open a new BCP to be eligible for the sign on bonus.

Or is this some special spend bonus you had already on the BCE?

It's a special, targeted (although evidently widely targeted) upgrade.  I have been contemplating it for months now.

OP, my understanding is (as many others have said) that the account switches over, they send you a new BCP card, but you can continue to use the old BCE card until the new card arrives, so you should have plenty of time to get the insurance payment taken card of.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.