Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE upgrade to BCP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCE upgrade to BCP?

I logged on to Am Ex today and got a pop up saying I was pre-approved to upgrade from BCE to BCP, at the bottom was a button saying apply for upgrade now. It also offered another $150 bonus after $1000 spend. Does anyone know if they do a hard pull for this? Is it considered a  new account when reporting?  How about a CLI when you upgrade? Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: BCE upgrade to BCP?

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged on to Am Ex today and got a pop up saying I was pre-approved to upgrade from BCE to BCP, at the bottom was a button saying apply for upgrade now. It also offered another $150 bonus after $1000 spend. Does anyone know if they do a hard pull for this? Is it considered a  new account when reporting?  How about a CLI when you upgrade? Thanks Smiley Happy

I upgraded to the BCP from the BCE earlier this month, there is no hard pull for this and the account stays the same on your credit report. I actually got a CLI when I upgraded since my account was exactly a year old. Have you gotten a CLI on the BCE within the last 6 months?

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thats pretty cool, I didn't know they would give the $150 bonus after already getting the $100 bonus on BCE, annual fee is 75 or 95? I specifically avoided the BCP because they are increasing the annual fee and I also dont do a lot of grocery shopping.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I upgraded to the BCP from the BCE earlier this month, there is no hard pull for this and the account stays the same on your credit report. I actually got a CLI when I upgraded since my account was exactly a year old. Have you gotten a CLI on the BCE within the last 6 months?

Thanks for the info. I logged back in and didn't get the pop up again. Maybe I'll get a letter. I did just get a 3x CLI last month. I've had the card about 5 months. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow thats pretty cool, I didn't know they would give the $150 bonus after already getting the $100 bonus on BCE, annual fee is 75 or 95? I specifically avoided the BCP because they are increasing the annual fee and I also dont do a lot of grocery shopping.

It was the $95 fee... I opened the BCE with a $150 after $500 plus $300 in credit toward cell phone bill (10%back up to $300 for 6 months). 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.