Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE upgrade to BCP?

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: BCE upgrade to BCP?

I'm pretty sure the wait with other companies is in case there's a return or charge back to prevent someone charging for a ton of rewards, collecting them, and then getting a refund.  BOA was pretty quick for the bonus showing up and 3 days to redeem for a credit.  Chase on the other hand seems a bit slow since meeting the spend requirement it's been a week or two and it's still not showing up.  Then again the statement hasn't cut either on that one.

AMEX though yes, within 48 hours of the charge posting the reward shows up.  It's nice to see it happen quickly and it instantly reduces the balance w/o any wait or hoops to jump through.  

Message 11 of 35
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

+1 wait for offer it will come ,,,mine showed up after having card about a yr,,,,like you I too noticed that it would be better to have the BCP so when offer came I took it, was easy simple transition...no new acct...
Good Luck 2 ya !!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 35
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

My signup bonuses from Chase showed up as UR points in the next statement along with that month's purchase rewards.

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW has the BCP once we reach the max for grocery it then goes to my bce. Our spending for grocery is just about $7000 per year so we could not justify 2 bcp.  I also buy some odd and ends for quick pick up at the grocery with bce. 

Message 14 of 35
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yep it took me exactly one year to be able to PC my BCE to BCP.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 15 of 35
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

So when you guys did the conversion, did the fee show up right away?  Was it waived the first year?

Message 16 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They won't approve you for a BCP if you have a BCE. I know this because I tried it way back. You can't have both BCE and BCP.

If you don't want to take my word for it call and ask.

I thought some people here had both, so that surprises me.   I have a OBC with a BCE (and used to have it with an BCP)

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
They won't approve you for a BCP if you have a BCE. I know this because I tried it way back. You can't have both BCE and BCP.

If you don't want to take my word for it call and ask.

I thought some people here had both, so that surprises me.   I have a OBC with a BCE (and used to have it with an BCP)

Can't have both. Can't have Everyday Blue & Everyday Preferred either. One or the other.

Message 18 of 35
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I got my BCE a couple months ago (going for my 3X CLI this weekend!) and I've been enjoying the very nice bonus it came with... 100/1000 plus 10% on up to $2000 in restaurants within 6 months (about halfway there now).

........blah, blah, blah, .............

...........blah, blah, blah, .................

Has anyone done this?  Any advice?

I'm probably going to watch my spend over the next couple months to figure out for sure if it's enough to make the BCP sustainable, so I'm not in any hurry.

Wait it out.   I used to have the BCP, but I also had other cards with no fee and good rewards that the rewards were not enough to justify the AF, so I downgraded.

Recently, they have emailed me an offer to get $100 if I upgrade to the BCP......

So you might get lucky and get an upgrade offer.

But Yes, you do have to wait for a year before they are allowed to upgrade it.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 19 of 35
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I have a hard time seeing where the $95 AF justifies the BCP over BCE for anyone. Yes, you get double the spend amount & rewards for groceries, plus an extra 1% on gas. Maybe for those with large families, but folks with large families tend to buy groceries at wholesale clubs and/or Walmart, where you don't get the 6%. Or if you have a gas guzzler and/or drive alot, but there's cards out there with better than 3% on gas.

For me, after 2 divorces I've been happily single for a long time, so I don't spend that much on groceries. And it's a 10 minute commute to work in my car that gets 40mpg. BCE works just fine for me. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.