Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

BCE

So I decided to try something to see if I could get into the AE family.  I applied and put a balance transfer off my Chase Slate.  Instead of getting a decline. I need to call to give more info.

The amount transferred was only 100.00

Any thoughts on if this sounds like it will work?  

Thank you 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: BCE

Well it's not a denial. Call and good luck.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
virgo
Established Contributor

That's what I thought. Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 9
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@virgo wrote:

So I decided to try something to see if I could get into the AE family.  I applied and put a balance transfer off my Chase Slate.  Instead of getting a decline. I need to call to give more info.

Thank you 

1. Callinisnotaissue, inmy0.02cents, IthinkAMEXwillprobablyapproveyou, buttheyneedtoverifysomething, suchasSSN, DOB. Manypeoplegetthatcallinmessage, youwillcontacttheAMEXnewcarddepartment( acallcenterbasedinIndia), butmostpeoplereportinstantapprovedaftertellthemagainyourSSN, DOB. IappliedSPGyesterday, andgotthecallinmessage, (inthesametime, IgotAMEXemailtoletmeverifytheSSNagian). Icalledthenewcarddepartment, theniceIndialadyjustaskedmySSNandDOB, thensheofferedtoexpidetethecard, andIalreadygotmycardtoday
Message 4 of 9
parkman
Regular Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

@virgo wrote:

Thank you 

1. Callinisnotaissue, inmy0.02cents, IthinkAMEXwillprobablyapproveyou, buttheyneedtoverifysomething, suchasSSN, DOB. Manypeoplegetthatcallinmessage, youwillcontacttheAMEXnewcarddepartment( acallcenterbasedinIndia), butmostpeoplereportinstantapprovedaftertellthemagainyourSSN, DOB. IappliedSPGyesterday, andgotthecallinmessage, (inthesametime, IgotAMEXemailtoletmeverifytheSSNagian). Icalledthenewcarddepartment, theniceIndialadyjustaskedmySSNandDOB, thensheofferedtoexpidetethecard, andIalreadygotmycardtoday

Wat

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 9
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@parkman wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

@virgo wrote:

Thank you 

Wat

Same response here. Too much effort required to read that. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Those last couple posts were painful to even decipher...LOL.

At any rate OP, just give it some time and you can check the status page for the progress of your BCE app.  Hopefully a good outcome.

Message 7 of 9
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Mods- let me know if I am hijacking.

I'd call OP.

You bring up an interesting point- If you are borderline, I wonder if transfering a balance give you better chances of approval?

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@eagle2013 wrote:

Mods- let me know if I am hijacking.

I'd call OP.

You bring up an interesting point- If you are borderline, I wonder if transfering a balance give you better chances of approval?

A BT in it of itself does not increase any chances for approval.  It's all based on creditworthiness amongst a few factors.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.