Frequent Contributor
virgo

BCE

So I decided to try something to see if I could get into the AE family.  I applied and put a balance transfer off my Chase Slate.  Instead of getting a decline. I need to call to give more info.

The amount transferred was only 100.00

Any thoughts on if this sounds like it will work?  

Thank you 

Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Re: BCE

Well it's not a denial. Call and good luck.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Frequent Contributor
virgo

That's what I thought. Thank you for your response.

Regular Contributor
DavidZeng

virgo wrote:

So I decided to try something to see if I could get into the AE family.  I applied and put a balance transfer off my Chase Slate.  Instead of getting a decline. I need to call to give more info.

Thank you 

1. Callinisnotaissue, inmy0.02cents, IthinkAMEXwillprobablyapproveyou, buttheyneedtoverifysomething, suchasSSN, DOB. Manypeoplegetthatcallinmessage, youwillcontacttheAMEXnewcarddepartment( acallcenterbasedinIndia), butmostpeoplereportinstantapprovedaftertellthemagainyourSSN, DOB. IappliedSPGyesterday, andgotthecallinmessage, (inthesametime, IgotAMEXemailtoletmeverifytheSSNagian). Icalledthenewcarddepartment, theniceIndialadyjustaskedmySSNandDOB, thensheofferedtoexpidetethecard, andIalreadygotmycardtoday
Regular Contributor
parkman

DavidZeng wrote:

virgo wrote:

Thank you 

1. Callinisnotaissue, inmy0.02cents, IthinkAMEXwillprobablyapproveyou, buttheyneedtoverifysomething, suchasSSN, DOB. Manypeoplegetthatcallinmessage, youwillcontacttheAMEXnewcarddepartment( acallcenterbasedinIndia), butmostpeoplereportinstantapprovedaftertellthemagainyourSSN, DOB. IappliedSPGyesterday, andgotthecallinmessage, (inthesametime, IgotAMEXemailtoletmeverifytheSSNagian). Icalledthenewcarddepartment, theniceIndialadyjustaskedmySSNandDOB, thensheofferedtoexpidetethecard, andIalreadygotmycardtoday

Wat

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Established Contributor
grinlikechelsea

parkman wrote:

DavidZeng wrote:

virgo wrote:

Thank you 

Wat

Same response here. Too much effort required to read that. :smileytongue:

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Those last couple posts were painful to even decipher...LOL.

At any rate OP, just give it some time and you can check the status page for the progress of your BCE app.  Hopefully a good outcome.

Established Contributor
eagle2013

Mods- let me know if I am hijacking.

I'd call OP.

You bring up an interesting point- If you are borderline, I wonder if transfering a balance give you better chances of approval?

Valued Contributor
FinStar

eagle2013 wrote:

Mods- let me know if I am hijacking.

I'd call OP.

You bring up an interesting point- If you are borderline, I wonder if transfering a balance give you better chances of approval?

A BT in it of itself does not increase any chances for approval.  It's all based on creditworthiness amongst a few factors.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}