Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP Annual Fee of $75?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCP Annual Fee of $75?

I logged in to my Amex app today and noticed something strange. My annual fee for the BCP showed up, but it was only $75. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought that they'd all been changed to $95?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BCP Annual Fee of $75?

Mine still shows $75 as well. I just kind of figured they are showing my current terms, but will update it when the payment comes due again at the 1 year mark. It should be coming due in the next month, so we'll see what happens then.

Message 2 of 11
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Mine is also set to hit this mth and stating $75 I was hoping those of us who got the card @ $75 annual fee were grandfathered in@that rate.   Haven't seen any info stating that,,and I won't complain about getting the $75 rate either as long as they keep giving it to me...Yeah !!!!Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I was hoping for some 'grandfathered goodness' at least once, but in my case it didn't work out.  Smiley Sad

BCPfee2017.png

I got my BCP back in 2015, so this is my third AF.  While another AF at the old rate would have been nice, I'm not complaining... for the 6% back at Kroger/Publix and 3% at department stores, it's still a money-maker for me.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Yea, Uncle the main thing is that your on the money making end of the stick,!!!!!!Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I logged in to my Amex app today and noticed something strange. My annual fee for the BCP showed up, but it was only $75. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought that they'd all been changed to $95?

The same thing happened to me. I use Shoprunner a lot (value of $75 annually), so my annual fee essentially cancelled out this year again. FYI, this is my second year holding the card. 

Message 6 of 11
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

When I first got my BCP in July of 2016, I was informed that the annual fee was being raised to $95, however I would be grandfathered in at $75.00.  I hope that's still true.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I was hoping for some 'grandfathered goodness' at least once, but in my case it didn't work out.  Smiley Sad

BCPfee2017.png

I got my BCP back in 2015, so this is my third AF.  While another AF at the old rate would have been nice, I'm not complaining... for the 6% back at Kroger/Publix and 3% at department stores, it's still a money-maker for me.  Smiley Wink

Yeah, the card is a good one.  I remember waiting to see the notice about the fee increase on my statements throughout the whole year, but I never saw one.  The funny thing is, I applied for the card after they announced that there would be a fee increase but before it took effect.  I wonder if this will be the last year though...

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tim_S wrote:

When I first got my BCP in July of 2016, I was informed that the annual fee was being raised to $95, however I would be grandfathered in at $75.00.  I hope that's still true.

I just spoke with AMEX. Mine is grandfathered at $75 indefinately (or until I receive further communication from AMEX lol). 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread, but since posting, they have applied my new AF (3 days ago). I just wanted to provide an update.

My AF for this year was $75, so it would appear that at least some of us will be keeping that rate for at least this contract year.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.