Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP CLI - pending charges

tag
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

BCP CLI - pending charges

I have read that I should bring my balance down to zero across AMEX cards before asking for a CLI. Do pending charges count? My Green has a hotel pre-authorization for $75 and $1 and my BCP has a $1, which hasn't gone away after 8 days. (I know the dollar amounts are just small change but just thought I'd ask). I wanted to get my BCP from $2k to $6k. It's been just 60 days since activation and I was thinking of waiting till next week - still need to push payment through for Green. My first charge was 05/25, so I was thinking of waiting for that reason as well.

My new Discover has also just popped up on EX and EQ with a $10k limit. I was wondering if AMEX would care that I was asking for a CLI with that new card there.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: BCP CLI - pending charges

I wouldn't think pending charges would count.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 7
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

The $1 ones are for authorization purposes. I´ve had this type of pending charges when I pay in the pump instead of swiping the card with the cashier in the gas station.

It usually last about 3 days and then changes to the purchase price.

Also, pending charges all post before/when the statement closes so if you are allowed to pay extra, you should do so if you don´t want any debt to be reported(Discover)

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

not true! what is the difference between zero and 5%? just make sure that you don't have a high util on any amex card.

If you can check your soft pulls, see what was your utilization on other CCs on that date. They will use the last SP to make a decision

Message 4 of 7
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

not true! what is the difference between zero and 5%? just make sure that you don't have a high util on any amex card.

If you can check your soft pulls, see what was your utilization on other CCs on that date. They will use the last SP to make a decision

I guess difference is balance vs. no balance. Otherwise, I agree that there's little difference.

I can see EX soft pulls. There are many different AMEX addresses pulling them. Anybody know if one is account review and others promotional, or if they are all the same insofar as AMEX having access to them (they'd use latest regardless of which location pulled it?) 

They last softed on 06/21. I think that's a couple of days after closing/due date (an 05/24 was also days after that). So I should probably expect another one shortly. It can be tricky knowing exactly what it was on that last date unless I have a report from that day.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 5 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

I jsut did a BT from my BCE of about $2300 to another card since my 6 month CLI is coming up. I would think a low util across all AMEX look good.

Message 6 of 7
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I'm kind of nervous about asking for a CLI given I got three new cards in May - Green, BCP, and Discover. I wonder if they'll just say too many new accounts. I'm tempted to PIF on my Green and then try for the BCP CLI immediately thereafter. Their last SP on EX doesn't show Discover. Utilization was 9.6% around that date... $29/$300 on my CapOne.

My BCP closes today (3rd statement tomorrow - first had just 11 days in cycle), so I expect that they'll do another soft within days and Discover will show although my utilization across the board will be under 3% - only Discover has a balance reporting.

Anyone think these three recent accounts might be enough of a reason for a CLI decline? Should I ask for the CLI before they do a new SP?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.