cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP & Freedom Approval! (rebuilding history included)

tag
iainlbc
Valued Member

BCP & Freedom Approval! (rebuilding history included)

Hi Folks!

Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful advice on here. 

Credit story:

- Starting scores low 600's 

- Baddie from poor checking account management in my early youth, charged off account. Wrote to UBOC for removal, I think this one actually fell off from age however.

- Obtained secure card with Orchard $200

- Obtained AF Card with First premier (This shows my only baddie from a 30 day late 3 years ago! I tried to get it removed via email/mail/eo to no avail. Eventually closed with them after getting capital one)

- income improved

- New $20k installment loan for car, had to get a co-signer onboard (local CU)

- Obtained capital one non secured card when i was around 650, $500 limit

- Closed first premier before next AF 

- Got in an accident, insurance did not pay the ambulence fee, iresponsibly half assed contacting insurance/waiting for them and ignoring the citys bills, it eventually went t court where I agreed to pay, and paid them

- pulled free reports from annual report and sent letters to CRAs to update public record to paid/satisified, added note to my file that there was insurance mixup and I did not handle it well, and have since taken serious steps to learn and manage credit better

- Obtained barclay card through apple site for purchasing a macbook. They originally approved $750, explained I wanted a $1800 computer and they CLI'd to 2000

- Carried a balance on all cards and always paid between minimum and 50% depending on cash available, paid off barclay before 0% expired (w/their terms If you don't pay it in time you pay intrest for the entire amount not just the remainer left). 

- income improved

- Carried a balance on all cards and always paid between minimum and 50%

- Carried a balance on all cards and always paid between minimum and 50%

09/2013

- income improved

- Barclay auto CLI 2k -> 3k after i PIF a big balance with them

- Signed up for USAA credit check monitoring, upgraded to daily pulls

- Paid down balances to ~25%

- Waited for balances to report to all 3 CRAs

- Luv button Capital one $500 increase to $1k total

- Luv button -> 7-10day -> Facebook EO -> $800 increase to $1k total w/1.5% cashback - Denied PC to quicksilver (Capital one converted from secured Orchard)

- Monitored creditcards.com offers daily for BCP offer, never saw it until TU finally got the balance update (just now!)

- Apped BCP approved

- Apped Freedom $6k approved

Some stats:

- 1 30 day late 2009

- 1 paid/satifisfied judgement 2010

- USAA CreditCheck scores EX:722, EQ: 740, TU: 732 (These all went up from 690-695 in 1 month from lowering util to 25%)

Wanted to get my foot in the door with AMEX and also Chase since CSP seems to be all the rage. Didn't opt for the CSP now because I believe they usually want some existing $5k lines or a good standing relationship with them at the least (checking/other cc's)

Off to the garden for a couple years! Can't wait to CLI the AMEX @61 days, im very curious what initial CL they granted! Isn't there a way to find out without waiting on the card? Does anyone know if they offer expidite on BCP or is that only PRG+?

Cheers!

EDIT: AMEX limit is $2k. Low limit but happy for the approval and the chance to grow with them!

EDIT 2: just FYI AMEX & Chase both pulled EX only for me

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: BCP & Freedom Approval! (rebuilding history included)

Congrats!

Welcome to the Garden! You will have a few of us watching over you to make sure you do not try and escape. It is nice to see your CR grow over the months

Message 2 of 9

You can call AMEX and they will tell you what you were approved for. Just did that this week! Smiley Very Happy

BCE AMEX - $9,000 | Cap1 QS MC - $750 | Discover IT - $7,800 | BOA Cash Rewards $5,000 | Chase Freedom $800 | Sapphire Preferred - $7,500
Message 3 of 9
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Usually when you apply for an AMEX, if you're approved right away you can set up online registration and find out your CL right there, I did that in May for an account that is now closed. Otherwise, you can call them, I am not even sure you will have to talk to a rep, it will be the automatic. voice that will give you info on your account. 

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 4 of 9
jbrown773
Contributor

Looks like you're on a good road. 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
justforting
Regular Contributor

congrats!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 6 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Great journey..hard work does pay off. As said earlier give them a call, they will welcome you, congratulate you for becoming a member, and inform you of your new limit..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulation on your rebuilding and successful spree. The $5k existing CL for CSP is a suggestion but not mandatory as long as the cr profile can be approved. You can request the BCP to be expedited but you might meet some resistance.
Message 8 of 9
iainlbc
Valued Member

Thanks all! AMEX came in at 2k - not great but glad they approved and gave me a chance to build a relationship/TL with them! I'll have to study that 3x CLI thread a bit! Smiley Wink

@Lexie: That makes sense re: CSP, hopefully i'll now be positioned better for approval on a top tier card in 1.5-2 years

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.