cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCP card replacement - reason inccurately listed as stolen.

tag
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

BCP card replacement - reason inccurately listed as stolen.

AMEX found two unauthorized charge attempts today and denied them (one was for over $1200!). They cancelled my card and are sending me a new one. On the card replacement status page, they list the reason as "My card was stolen." I never reported it stolen. I have my card. They said that it needs to be replaced because of the fraudlent charges. Does what they list the reason as matter in some way for which I might need to call and ask them to correct it?

I believe that doesn't make it onto a report so not sure if this is relevant but I asked them about new account, etc. and they said it would not change on my report (but it's a new card number). I'm just keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I will believe that when I see it.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: BCP card replacement - reason inccurately listed as stolen.

@Mailak wrote:

AMEX found two unauthorized charge attempts today and denied them (one was for over $1200!). They cancelled my card and are sending me a new one. On the card replacement status page, they list the reason as "My card was stolen." I never reported it stolen. I have my card. They said that it needs to be replaced because of the fraudlent charges. Does what they list the reason as matter in some way for which I might need to call and ask them to correct it?

I believe that doesn't make it onto a report so not sure if this is relevant but I asked them about new account, etc. and they said it would not change on my report (but it's a new card number). I'm just keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I will believe that when I see it.

That doesn't seem very relevant since the reason is not reported on the credit bureaus.

Also, you card number was used for fraudulent charges, so you could argue that the numbers were stolen. While not physically stolen, the card was compromised. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 3
joe867
Valued Member

Re: BCP card replacement - reason inccurately listed as stolen.

What SnackTrader said. Your card is as good as stolen.

EX 761 (5/14); EQ 784 (4/14); TU 778 (5/14)

NFCU cashRewards 23k | Marriott Premier MC 18k | US Bank Club Carlson 15k | Amex BCP 14.3k | Citi AA Exec 13k | Barclays US Airways 10k | PSECU 7.5k | Amex SPG 7k | Amex Old Blue Cash 5k | Chase Sapphire 5k | Ink Plus 5k | PenFed Platinum Rewards 5k | PenFed Defender 5k | PenFed LOC 5k | Gap 4300 | Amex SPG Biz | Amazon Chase 500 |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.