Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCU LAUNCH

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCU LAUNCH

I am thinking about opening a BCU secured credit card. I see the launch card requires $150 security deposit for $150 line of credit .  

Im currently rebuilding so unsecured isnt an option.

Has anyone used BCU (Baxter credit union)

Looking for someone that has or had and account with BCU .

MOD feel free to move this to the Rebuilding section if you feel its more applicable Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: BCU LAUNCH

Have you called to see if their card has the possibility of graduating?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would open one that has a potential for graduating and that can have a bigge SL than 150 that seems super low
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with them ..

The secured card doesnt actually graduate automatically.. She said by keeping util low and PIF every month after 6 months reapply for the unsecured lower interest rate CC .

She said between 600-650 she could most likely get unsecured options approved..

I think this might be a good start . Local community credit unions in my home town seem to stare at the NUMBER on your forehead when you walk through the door .. These folks actually seem to look at the whole picture and not just a scoring system.

I walked into a local bank and after running TU she actually giggled and said NO lol..

I changed the direct deposit for my payroll at work and contributed 20 percent of my bi weekly salary to the BCU savings acct ( which i can transfer it over to checking to make the initial secured downpayment)

Those who asked about the low $150 limit , The minimum you can contribute is $150 .. The CL depends on your security deposit..   Im thinking ill slide $500 to the security deposit after a couple checks get DD into my savings with them .. Plan to keep util at 10% ($50 max) , PIF each cycle , pay biweekly rather than monthly..    

If i can pull off those 3 I think after 6 months it should open a few more doors..

Maybe at that point I can dump First Premier , and Commenity lol 

Message 4 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Ok I thought you were saying it could only be a CL of 150 which would be pretty hard to Utilize, if you think this will be good for you then do it Op it's your choice. But there are cards out there that will FOR SURE graduate Cap One , Discover and Navy Fed just to name a few . Good luck to you
Message 5 of 13
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Ok I thought you were saying it could only be a CL of 150 which would be pretty hard to Utilize, if you think this will be good for you then do it Op it's your choice. But there are cards out there that will FOR SURE graduate Cap One , Discover and Navy Fed just to name a few . Good luck to you

FTFY. Avoid non-prime Cap 1 cards...go with a sure thing through Discover..or BoA (I belive also graduates).

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And what an absolute rude person to giggle about it and say NO , wow
Message 7 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Well Cap One seems to be graduating everyone now around the 11 to 12 mth mark , ours graduated at 11 mths and we just Pc to QS from the Platinum is why is suggested it .
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure Cap 1 is out for me . I have a co with them post bk back in 2013.  Navy FCU issues secured cards that graduate? Ive never heard of them whats the details.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Navy FCU requires you to be a member of armed forces .. Any other graduating options?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.