Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Approved

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

BECU Approved

I was declined at first for recent derogatories.  I said, can you check again because they are 4 years old and I have no accounts unpaid.  Well, the recon worked.  Only $1000, but it will go up as my score goes up.  Glad to be with a CU.  FICO is weird, TU reports 657, EQ reports 621.  They pulled EQ.  I wish they would have pulled TU.  I'm happy, though. Smiley Happy

I also cancelled my AMEX Blue since it had a puny $500 limit and I never carry a balance anyway.  I will keep my Gold open.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: BECU Approved

Here is a question for current BECU members:  How long does it take for the account to show up on your CBR?  Just curious.  I am anxious to see my FICO score change as a result opening the new account and closing the AMEX account.

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, how long have you had your AMEX Blue account open for?  AMEX isn't a bad company to let a card sit (using every 3-4 months or so).  Given the CL isn't what you would like it to be at but it may have been beneficial down the road.
Message 3 of 8
heirophant
Established Contributor

This was one of those cards that started out as a Delta Gold because it was (and still is, I think) the easiest card to get approved by AMEX in January 2007.  After 3 months of having that card opened, I apped for a Green Card and was approved.  A couple of months later, I did a product change from Delta to Blue so I could get the same kind of rewards.  I had a $1500 limit at the time and a couple of months after doing the product change, my credit limit was decreased to $500.  It has sat there for 2 years with additional requests by me to have the CL reinstated.  I product changed my Green to Gold last August while spending $40K on it in the last year and they still denied me a CLI on my Blue.  I was fed up, angry, and a bit insulted considering the amount of money that I have pumped through my Gold.  If I feel I need a revolving card through AMEX, I will apply in the future and have the opened date adjusted on my credit report.  I have never paid a dime in interest to AMEX, though, because I know they hate that, so I saw no need to keep a revolving line that isn't going anywhere at the moment, when I can have a revolving line that won't give me any grief if I do decide to revolve a balance every once in a while.

BTW, anyone wanting to know, after talking to a loan officer at BECU, I found out they do all AR's in November.  It is done at the same time every year.  She said as long as I make my payments and nothing bad posts on my CBR that is negative, I am pretty much assured an automatic CLI then.  You do have to have the account open for a minimum of 6 months before November to qualify for an increase.  She also said that all APR's are evaluated then as well and appropriate adjustments are made based on your current credit rating.

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've been a member of BECU through my employer since 2006.  I really like their services.  I applied for an auto loan (having direct deposit) on 12/29/09.  The next day I received an email stating I was approved (they pulled TU-635 ,my lowest score) for an auto loan. 

BECU overnighted the check to me.  I purchased my car (2009 Nissan Altima 2.5s) on 12/31/09. Having direct deposit and auto draft for my car payments saved me .025 on my apr.

I then called BECU a few days later requesting approval for a  Visa credit card from them based on my initial credit report for the auto loan, and NO further inquires, and got a $500 CL(since no monthly fees or AF I accepted)  without a pull, and was advised to wait a year before requesting a CLI.

The auto loan showed up on my CR by the 2nd week of January(just 2 weeks later), and they DO report to ALL 3 bureaus.

The CL on my BECU Visa isn't great but I'm certain it will grow with excellent use; well it's higher than my First Premier at $300, and my Total Visa at $375. I simply NEEDED another card to replace my First Premier and Total Visa(without ALL the fees), which I will expire on their 2 year anniversary in March 2010.

I'm really liking the thought of having BECU's NONE monthly/yearly Visa Card as opposed to First Premier Mastercard and Total Visa.

I'm glad to have found this Forum, and thanks to all of you, for Rebuilding my credit scores from 485-502(03/08) to 635-665(01/10). YOU'RE AWESOME

Message Edited by brownfox79 on 02-12-2010 08:10 PM
Message 5 of 8
boireann
Regular Contributor

I applied for my BECU Visa mid-September.  It showed up on my reports the first week of October.  They seem to report to the CRAs around the 5th of each month. 

When I applied I had no derogs and a 778 EQ score pull.  They gave me $2500 and a $2000 LOC.  They're a good CU so I'm not bothered that the Visa isn't $5000.  Especially since the interest rate was so good. 

Good to know when they do ARs.  I never did ask them about that.  It'll be interesting to see what sort of increases they do

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 6 of 8
heirophant
Established Contributor

Yup, that's right, I'm digging up my old thread....to report good news about this account.  Everything except 4 medical collections and 1 tax lien has fallen off my CBR.  That means all 4 of my old CC CO's have fallen off and about a dozen other collections and everything is paid.  Well, today I called BECU to request a CLI and do a balance transfer of my Juniper card and my Lowe's card...and they gave me a CLI to $10,000.  My jaw dropped to the floor!  I thought they would pull EQ, which according to my FAKO's is 709, but they pulled TU.  I asked the CSR on the phone and she said it was only 663.  I guess that is what good payment history and low overall UTIL will do.

Mortgage 11/20
Message 7 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Wow Congrats! Its amazing what good payment history and a good.relationship does.for.your.credit limit. My husband currently.has nfcu platinum at 4k. I'm hoping that his grows over the next two years.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.