Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU Recon..... 45 days later !

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

BECU Recon..... 45 days later !

I applied for BECU Visa almost two months ago and was initially denied.

Boeing Employees Credit Union was on my list during my app spree and when I joined they gave me a 500 LOC (overdraft) with my checking acct.

I app'ed for a 7.5k Visa, you have to state amount desired or app won't process) and received a denial after checking by phone a few hours later. Too many inq's and new acct's was reason.

Tried recon on phone and although CSR was really nice she stood by the decision and said she couldn't help.

Well I sent out a letter anyway and after my typical schmoozing I asked if I was credit worthy for a small LOC why wasn't I at least credit worthy for a 500cl credit card at least. Figured if they bought my line of s**t I could talk my way top a higher CL.

I asked in a post here recently if anyone thought staying with a CU after denial was a good idea and got mostly yes answers , so I dumped $250 in the checking acct and waited.

Been using my ATM/Debit card occasionally but forgot about the recon.

Just going through my acct's online w/ various CU'S (I belong to 7) and for kicks checked my app status on the BECU site.

5000 Visa approval two days ago !!!! I'm sure I'll get a letter any day now.

How cool is that ?? BECU luv today !!

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BECU Recon..... 45 days later !

congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!! 5k is nice compared to where you were before.
Message 2 of 7
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Hey isn't that the same advice I gave you ???

Thanks

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did your letter say??? I was thinkin of Recon my denial from NFCU.... I have a 682 and one baddie from 2005 i was denied but i have 4accts with them no CC im kinda still wondering is it worth it and what mysterious words did u use???   Smiley Surprised
Message 4 of 7
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Basically I always start with how happy I am part of their organization. I tell them a little about myself and my job, how long I've been there and that long employment history is a plus.

Depending on the denial and what reasons it can change. I'm pretty sure in this case I told them that the inq's was because I was seeking new credit and didn't realize that it was bad.

As far as new acct's I tell them that some of the older ones are subprime ,but with good payment history, and I don't really want to use them, I'd rather switch to their organization because it's a class act, etc,etc.

It all depends, I wish I could help more.

If you have good communication skills in person a phone call might be better.

Good luck. Actually in this case I think using their products for a while helped. CU's like their member's. Maybe I had to show I wasn't there just for a credit card.

Jax
Jax

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience BECU is really good to their members. My first CC and LOC were with them along with my first auto loan. It's the only bank I've never had any issues with.
Message 6 of 7
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info. My bro lives in Seattle and uses them and has pretty good experiences also.
Although he says that since Boeing is such a major employer in that area, and they lay off and hire on different occasions, you can get varied opinions in that area.
I'm pretty optimistic because of the success with recon.
Thanks again, I can't wait for my card to come, hopefully before my trip to Oregon in a week and a half.

Jax
Jax

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.