cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BECU is a hard credit pull for CLI!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BECU is a hard credit pull for CLI!!!

BECU is a soft pull for membership, and they are also a soft pull on pre approvals, both credit cards and PLOC. They are a hard pull on credit products without a pre approval and on CLI requests.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Citi certain;y isn't a HP every single time!   On line, it tells you whether or not a HP is required, and at least on my accounts, most of the time it is soft.   And add Amex to the almost always SP list.

Apologies, I wasn't speaking from experience, just anecdotal recollection of what I'd read somewhere; point was different banks do it different ways and it seems to be their own prerogative of HP vs SP.

Message 12 of 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Varies from bank to bank.  Some lenders (Discover, Capital One) do it generally with a soft pull.  Some lenders (Barclay) say it needs to be a HP but others have found back-door ways to get SP.  Others yet (BoA, Citi) I have heard are HP every single time, no exceptions.  Which is funny, they say it's "the law".  Which is why I'll wait until my credit is better before I even start with them.  Need to get as much possible going in, as attaboys are not available.

Sounds like your CU is like group #3, it just is what it is.  Good luck!

Once in with Citi, sp cli available every six months.  Your mileage will vary with BOA, call in for offers.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Varies from bank to bank.  Some lenders (Discover, Capital One) do it generally with a soft pull.  Some lenders (Barclay) say it needs to be a HP but others have found back-door ways to get SP.  Others yet (BoA, Citi) I have heard are HP every single time, no exceptions.  Which is funny, they say it's "the law".  Which is why I'll wait until my credit is better before I even start with them.  Need to get as much possible going in, as attaboys are not available.

Sounds like your CU is like group #3, it just is what it is.  Good luck!

Once in with Citi, sp cli available every six months.  Your mileage will vary with BOA, call in for offers.  Smiley Wink

Quite often but can vary...they may deny or HP depending on a variety of factors, objections to too many new accounts is something they can be sensitive about with certain profiles, for e.g.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.