cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEING DESTROYED BY CHASE THROUGH NO FAULT OF MINE.. HELP!!!!!!

tag
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Re: BEING DESTROYED BY CHASE THROUGH NO FAULT OF MINE.. HELP!!!!!!

OP - Did you ever dispute this with the CRAs or only with Chase? If you had disputed as inaccurate with the CRAs you would be able to ask for the CRA to resend your report to any creditor that received your report within the prior six months:

§ 611(d) Notification of deletion of disputed information. Following any deletion of information which is found to be inaccurate or whose accuracy can no longer be verified or any notation as to disputed information, the consumer reporting agency shall, at the request of the consumer, furnish notification that the item has been deleted or the statement, codification or summary pursuant to subsection (b) or (c) of this section to any person specifically designated by the consumer who has within two years prior thereto received consumer report for employment purposes, or within six months prior thereto received consumer report for any other purpose, which contained the deleted or disputed information.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

upinflagstaff wrote: REALLY great info!!

Wish I could give a gazillion more kudos on your post, Upinflagstaff!! Awesome!! Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP posted that he was able to contact CRA's as well as Chase to get it updated. However, the damage had already been done.
Message 23 of 27
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

If OP did indeed dispute with the CRA - and I didn't reread the entire thread - then the CRA can be directed to resend the CR to anyone who received the CR within those time frames. There should not be a new pull on the CR and if it was a factor then I believe that s/he can appeal the decision with the creditor. The law doesn't state what a creditor has to do with the new information, just that the CRA has to resend it.
Message 24 of 27
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Wonderin wrote:Wish I could give a gazillion more kudos on your post, Upinflagstaff!! Awesome!! Smiley Happy
That little 'ole post? I just copied and pasted it Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@upinflagstaff wrote:

Wonderin wrote:Wish I could give a gazillion more kudos on your post, Upinflagstaff!! Awesome!! Smiley Happy
That little 'ole post? I just copied and pasted it Smiley Wink
Ya-ba-ba-but, you thought of it and posted it!! Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Woopah,

We never agreed to emailed statements.  Had we done so, the email addresses that they had on file from 12 years ago would have been updated.  Those addresses were so dead that they admitted in their letter that the emails bounced back to them.

I would also like to comment on your idea that the banks aren't going to look at your statement every month.  The person at Experian that I spoke with confirmed that Amex and B of A monitor the CA EVERY MONTH!  Thus, as soon as Chase posted delinquencies, Amex and B of A closed my accounts.  IRONY: B of A closed my account with a $5000 limit due to Chase info.  We have $20,000 on deposit with them in personal bank accounts.  These are the same brainiacs that declined my mortgage application last year, but then bought Countrywide just before they imploded.

I truly hope Chase is the next institution to implode under their own arrogance and stupidity.

I know that you never agreed to the e-mailed statements, my suggestion was that perhaps at some point you got something in the US mail that talked about if you don't contact us we will start e-mailing your statements and that as many of us do, just thought it was junk and sent it to the garbage/shredder, without realizing it was important. 

And when I said that banks don't look at your statements, I meant specifically Chase is not going to look at your statement from their account to make sure that things are correct.  I know that banks do look at your CR's EVERY MONTH, but Bank of America is NOT going to check your Bank of America statement to make sure that everything on it is accurate, Chase is NOT going to, Amex is NOT going to.  It's up to us as consumers to look at our accounts on a regular basis and make sure things are right.  Had you been checking your account online on a regular basis you would have seen that that charge, without the statement.  There's also calling the number on the back of your card.  I know that you didn't sign up for e-mailed statements, however US mail also gets lost/stolen/ruined and simply going, 'I didn't receive a statement, nothing to worry about' is a little naive in this day and age.  My point was it's up to us to ensure that we are being responsible and checking our accounts not only for charges and things that we purchased, but also so that if there is an instance of identity theft it can be caught right away.  

My point was, and is, even though Chase was wrong, we need to take responsibility for things that are under our control, and there was a lot in this situation that was under your control that could have lessened/eliminated the damage, as opposed to "THROUGH NO FAULT OF MINE"

And since Chase isn't going anywhere, I would think losing those miles would be better than having to continue to deal with a bank you can't stand.  And perhaps I don't have 25K on a single card, but I do have it and more between 2 cards, and I'm not paying any annual fee, so that's much cheaper to me.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.