Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BELK CREDIT CARD -- Anyone got it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find much information on this.  Does anyone have the BELK credit card by GEMB?  If so, did you apply online or in store?  What were your credit scores, bureau used, and credit limit given.

I am interested in this card and can't decide whether to apply online or in store.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BELK CREDIT CARD -- Anyone got it?

my mother has 1  cli from 1500 to 150 
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a Belk CC for over 15 years. They are centralized in NC.When I got mine, it was only for Belk Dept Store use only, as I think it still is. I started at a CL $350 then CLI every couple of years of $100 more. Mine is inactive since 2004 when I had an accident and did not use any of my paid off cards. I should have kept buying something, even a couple pair of socks, but I was not aware of that then.

Just heard last week they are going to outsource their credit department, for whatever it is worth.

IMO-Good card, had no trouble, no annual fees, int rate reasonable-0% if paid in full. scores ?

Oh yeah, they also have a 30/60/90 card if you can get it. I am sure credit score must be high.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Belk card.  I used it only a couple of times.  I closed the account several years ago (the Dates of last activity and last payment are erroneous on this report) .  The credit line was fairly generous--$4000.  However, if I recall correctly, my account wasn't handled by GEMB at that time.

Message Edited by psychic on 11-06-2008 07:01 AM
Message 4 of 10
notmyname
Regular Contributor

My Belk card is my oldest lind going back to 1974. I was a toddler who had to shop a lot. Actually , it had been a Parisian card, then Belk bought Parisian from Saks Inc.. While Parisian it never got higher than $1400 , but with Belk and that online thingy, they raised it to $5650.

Generous , yes, hard to get, I'm sure not. Parisian would never have closed it. Now that it is GEMB, you can bet I am in one of the stores for a little something every sixty days.

NMN

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it a few weeks ago, low line 300,  recvd card call C/S and asked to have increased, C/S did soft pull and raised to 2500.. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

All you do is apply for the credit card at any Belk location - they generally start the card at $1500 even with good credit

Message 7 of 10
Mellon
Established Contributor

wow I have been at $200 since 2008

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had applied online and was approved last year for 200 then pressed the CLI button and received $600. I had asked for cli 3 or 4 times and was told no. Then They had decided to decrease my limit to $100. So I closed it since I cannot buy anything for $100. IMO, its not worth it.

Message 9 of 10
CUFINANCE
Valued Member

Yeah, I started out with a really low limit and have since been increased to 8k.  Pretty nice card if you ask me.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.