The best Amex and Affinity

The worse Alliant, GEMB, HSBC, Barclay.

YMMV

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST AND WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE?

For me, AMEX CSRs are always courteous and friendly. 

On the other hand, they wouldn't budge on an over-limit fee because the online payment through AMEX's own website didn't update the day I did a big purchase. It happened a week before they scrapped the over-limit fee back in October. The CSR even said that, yet she said she couldn't do anything about removing what has already been assessed to my account. Smiley Mad  

Message 13 of 37
MMart078
Regular Contributor

AMEX seems to have a love/hate with its customers.
Message 14 of 37
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Unlike many people here I rarely ever have the need to speak to Customer Service.  Maybe once in a year on average for one card, maybe less.  I never can quite understand how folks here seem to have an ongoing relationship with the Customer Service departments.  What do you really have to talk about? 
Message 15 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

The best Amex and Affinity

The worse Alliant, GEMB, HSBC, Barclay.

YMMV

I dislike HSBC because of its online payment website.  I never had to call them.  When I go online to pay a bill, I expect for it to post same day or next day.  With my GM HSBC card, I have to submit payment three days in advance if I want my payment to post by a certain date.  

Message 16 of 37
MMart078
Regular Contributor

I dont have an on going relationship, but I definately remember the few bad ones I had and it make one not want to even call back.
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:
Unlike many people here I rarely ever have the need to speak to Customer Service.  Maybe once in a year on average for one card, maybe less.  I never can quite understand how folks here seem to have an ongoing relationship with the Customer Service departments.  What do you really have to talk about? 
Same here. I call my issuers just before an overseas trip to let them know that I'll be using their cards outside of the U.S. Apart from that, I never have a reason to call. 
I think that those of us who are dyed-in-the-wool PIFers really don't have much to say. 

Message 18 of 37
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Best - US Bank

Worst - Chase

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 19 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Watchmann wrote:
Same here. I call my issuers just before an overseas trip to let them know that I'll be using their cards outside of the U.S. Apart from that, I never have a reason to call. 
I think that those of us who are dyed-in-the-wool PIFers really don't have much to say. 

Agree!  Also, I would just send them an email via the banks' website.  

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.