Did you mean: 

BEST AND WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE?

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: BEST AND WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE?

@DI wrote:

@MMart078 wrote:
By the way how did you get such fabulous scores?

Thanks for asking. My scores were pulled in August.  My oldest installment account, which is a student loan account, was opened in August 1999.  My oldest revolving account was opened 10/2000 with CapitalOne.    My scores have gone through it ups and downs.  My scores was as low as 544 with EQ back in 2004 due to a car loan I cosigned for being repoed.  Over the summer, I got all baddies deleted including the repo.  Couple that with 0-1% credit card utilization is how I got high scores.  Today, my scores could be slightly higher or slightly lower.  I went on major app spree in July/August and a small one again in September.  My oldest new account is now 6 months old.  Hopefully my scores have bounced back to the August scores.  I want find out until July 2010 at which time I will purchase new scores.  Penfed indicated in September my EQ score was 792.  

Message Edited by DI on 12-07-2009 06:42 PM

How did you get Penfed to tell you your score?

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 37
DI
Super Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@MMart078 wrote:

Thanks for asking. My scores were pulled in August.  My oldest installment account, which is a student loan account, was opened in August 1999.  My oldest revolving account was opened 10/2000 with CapitalOne.    My scores have gone through it ups and downs.  My scores was as low as 544 with EQ back in 2004 due to a car loan I cosigned for being repoed.  Over the summer, I got all baddies deleted including the repo.  Couple that with 0-1% credit card utilization is how I got high scores.  Today, my scores could be slightly higher or slightly lower.  I went on major app spree in July/August and a small one again in September.  My oldest new account is now 6 months old.  Hopefully my scores have bounced back to the August scores.  I want find out until July 2010 at which time I will purchase new scores.  Penfed indicated in September my EQ score was 792.  

I just simply asked the rep when I called. I initially called to see if they used FICO scores or some other scoring model.     

Message 22 of 37
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@MMart078 wrote:

I just simply asked the rep when I called. I initially called to see if they used FICO scores or some other scoring model.     

Thanks!  I never thougth about doing something like that.  I learn somthing new everyday here.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 23 of 37
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Consistenly Very Good: Discover and PenFed

Both Very Good and Very Bad: BofA

Consistenly Very Bad: HSBC and Chase

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say I cannot recall any bad experiences with customer service.  Luckily 3 of our 4 Credit Cards are issued by banks that have local brances here (BOA, WELLS FARGO, US BANK) so anytime I have had a question or needed something, I have went directly to a Bank branch and spoke with a manager. It is even handier with US BANK, as the branch manager is a friend, neighbor and also golfing buddy.

My wife belongs to a Credit Union from her work at the hospital, but we only use it for deposit accounts. They have offered us a Credit Card on numerous occasions but we have declined as we are quite comfy with what we have.

Message 25 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've been lucky with my CS. Even when I don't like the results of the call, I've pretty much always had good service, even from BofA.

Best: USAA, AmEx (ducks under dining room table), and PenFed, except for one remarkably rude CSR I spoke to a month or so ago. Must have been one of txjohn's! Smiley Very Happy

Watchmann and DickC, the only reasons I call CS is for such things as going out of my usual usage area, compromised cards, and so forth. I've called PenFed to confirm that they did receive a payment, because it was taking forever to show up on my screen (much longer than the usual overnight wait.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my very best CS experiences have been with BoA (I know, big shocker, LOL!). My worst, BoA, LOL!!!

For the most part, I've had good, solid CS experiences with BoA. I've had reason to call them about traveling, needing a technical solution for MS Money, a card being stolen, to ask about a service that I've seen advertised, to ask about a charge that I didn't recognize (turns out, it was mine). And, I've called back to give feedback about the excellent customer service that I'd just received. As a matter of fact, I've *always* received exceptional customer service from BoA when I've called. My worst CS experience ever was with them, in a branch (outrageous, barely believable situation had I not witnessed it myself). Calling their Corporate HQ got me a call back from the Regional Manager within a couple of hours who reviewed the bank video, and was just as flabergasted as I was. She offered her profuse apologies, and actually had the branch manager call who offered a very sincere explanation & apology as well. So, good came out of the bad.

NFCU gives stellar CS all the time, with no exceptions in my experiences. I get a human being on the phone quickly who knows what they're talking about, and is pleasant to talk to. Can't beat that.

So far, Amex (very limited experience) has been good. I had a bit of a mix-up with my Costco Membership (I was issued a new membership ID inadvertantly, twice, when they should have renewed-- Costco's fault, not Amex's), and my Amex Costco card had to be reissued a couple of times, and the CS answered quickly, professionally, and were pleasant. I really appreciate being able to get a human being on the phone quickly.

Target-- I'm not impressed. Frontline CS is downright clueless, and lack a clear understanding of the concept of escalating to the appropriate department when they don't understand the technical issue at hand. They seem to think that "I don't know what you're talking about" is an acceptable solution, LOL! Fortunately, I've only rarely had need to contact them.

I don't think I've needed to contact any other credit card lenders.  At least, not to my recollection. I'd at least recall if the CS was bad.

Message Edited by LilMirth on 12-08-2009 09:41 AM
Message 27 of 37
MMart078
Regular Contributor

I think this is the best answer lol.
Message 28 of 37
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:

Agree!  Also, I would just send them an email via the banks' website.  

Hi DI,

If you send an e-mail through the bank's website, it will still be handled by the CS dept.  If you're lucky, it will just be the most incompetent person on the staff, but if not, your response will be generated by a robot, which will completely misunderstand your message.  My experiences with e-mail CS have mainly been in that latter category, invariably completely non-responsive to my query, and often larded up with annoying and unnecessary lectures.

I usually just switch over to the phone that point.  At least you can correct the rep if he/she misses the point.  But once recently, I did an experiment to see what would happen if I persevered.  I wrote back to the robot that it had completely missed my point, and gave a different, simpler explanation.  It missed the point again.  After a few more cycles, I sent what I thought was a final word, saying straight-out that all their messages had been totally non-responsive, and that I would resolve the problem otherwise.  But that wasn't quite the end of the story.  Guess what they wrote back?  "We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that we were able to serve you efficiently."!

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Message 29 of 37
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that those of us who are dyed-in-the-wool PIFers really don't have much to say. 

Hi JimB,

As a (recently converted) dyed-in-the-wool PIFer, I don't see that it immunizes you against having to deal with CS.  Balance or not, CCCs have ways to screw up your account, and you have to get it fixed.  I'll give a few examples in following posts.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.