Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST BUY HSBC UPGRADE

tag
alsawye
Contributor

BEST BUY HSBC UPGRADE

I have a bestbuy rewardzone MC GOLD from HSBC that i got 06/08, it comes with a $60 AF, i want to upgrade it to i believe it is the platinum so that i would have no AF, does any1 have experience with this and whats the best route to go? should i call the hsbc backdoor number for a credit analyst or the number on back of card
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: BEST BUY HSBC UPGRADE

HSBC rarely waives the AF or upgrades this card. You can call them and ask them to reduce the AF. That is best out come you can expect from HSBC.
Message 2 of 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
HSBC rarely waives the AF or upgrades this card. You can call them and ask them to reduce the AF. That is best out come you can expect from HSBC.

I agree
Message 3 of 12
alsawye
Contributor

thanks for the quick responses, am i better off using frontline or backdoor number, and should i ask ahead of time or wait til after it charges
Message 4 of 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@alsawye wrote:
thanks for the quick responses, am i better off using frontline or backdoor number, and should i ask ahead of time or wait til after it charges

Try calling before they charge you. If they don't give you what you want, wait until they charge you the annual fee.

Message 5 of 12
alsawye
Contributor

sweet do you think it actually matters how far in advance, my 1 year mark is in june, should i wait til the end of may, and should i just use the reg CSR number
Message 6 of 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Call the number on the back of your card and ask the rep to transfer you to a manager. Call them at the end of May to be on the safe side.
Message Edited by YoungEntrepeneur on 04-01-2009 12:24 PM
Message 7 of 12
enerey
Regular Contributor

I have this card and was just hit with the $59 annual fee, which took me over the credit limit($300.) I called the number on the back and told them I wanted to cancel the card because of the fee. They transfered me to an account manager who waived the fee so I am keeping it for another year.
Message 8 of 12
alsawye
Contributor

thanks for the info, i am not worried about going over limit($300) cus i dont carry a balance but i just dont wanna pay a fee, so i think it sounds like i have better odds of calling after it charges to get it waived
Message 9 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

I just canceled my HSBC BB MC about 3 hours ago.  About two months ago I called and asked to cancel because of the AF ($59) and the CL of $300.  They refunded the $59 (for the year I was in) and uped my CL by $100.  Then I just got charged the AF on my last statement.  I called to get that refund and they refused since I just had my old one refunded 2 months earlier. 

$59 AF for a $400 CL is a joke.  Especially when I have over $25,000 CL with BoA with no AF.

Told them to cancel it and they won't see me again.

Message Edited by nicemann on 04-08-2009 04:41 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.