Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST BUY ***Just a thanks***

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEST BUY ***Just a thanks***

So, guys I went to Best Buy today to buy a new laptop. My old one crapped out after 4+ years. Found a good deal and the rep talks about the money I can save with one of there BEST BUY REWARDS CARDS. I blantanly asked, "SOFT OR HARD PULL?" She replied it is a soft credit check and I instantly smiled. This is just for the STORE CARD. Welp, she did the whole process and I was approved for $2,000 CL and NO APR for 18 MONTHS. Pretty sweet deal. I figured this would be ok for me since I recently paid off my GEMB Art Van card. The point is: if I wasn't a regular viewer of this website, I wouldn't have asked the question. THANKS GUYS!! And this extra $2,000 is going to help my UTILIZATION. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: BEST BUY ***Just a thanks***

Being a reader of the website... You surely didnt believe her did you?   Because i would be willing to bet it wasnt a soft pull. 

Message 2 of 22
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Whoa! If it is a soft pull, very nice!

I do think the rep was not knowledgable on that subject though.
Message 3 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, guys I went to Best Buy today to buy a new laptop. My old one crapped out after 4+ years. Found a good deal and the rep talks about the money I can save with one of there BEST BUY REWARDS CARDS. I blantanly asked, "SOFT OR HARD PULL?" She replied it is a soft credit check and I instantly smiled. This is just for the STORE CARD. Welp, she did the whole process and I was approved for $2,000 CL and NO APR for 18 MONTHS. Pretty sweet deal. I figured this would be ok for me since I recently paid off my GEMB Art Van card. The point is: if I wasn't a regular viewer of this website, I wouldn't have asked the question. THANKS GUYS!! And this extra $2,000 is going to help my UTILIZATION. Smiley Happy

She lied to you. I will NOT be a soft pull. Congrats on the new card tho! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 22
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i apply as well and it was hard pull so she lie.

>
Message 5 of 22
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Any credit application will result hard pull.

Either she doesn't know the difference between soft and hard pull, or she lied.

Message 6 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Any credit application will result hard pull.

Either she doesn't know the difference between soft and hard pull, or she lied.

Willing to bet she didn't know better. Only what BB teaches her to sell on their promotions.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh.....oh ok. Well it wasn't their mastercard so I thought maybe it was correct.

Message 8 of 22
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

You got a nice CL, so it may have been worth it. Unless you've been apping like crazy, 1 INQ shouldn't hurt much anyway. Congrats again.
Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Applying for new credit is applying for new credit, whether the BBRZ MC or the store card; therefore a hard inq. Congrats, anyway!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.