Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST BUY ***Just a thanks***

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST BUY ***Just a thanks***

^^^^^^^OH!!OK Got it now!! THANKS!! Well at least it well help towards utilization.^^^^^^^ 

Message 11 of 22
PNut08
New Contributor

It may actually be a soft pull. I got a BB store card within the last month and just checked EX and TU this week and it does not show up on mine as a hard pull. However, I had a BB store card a number of years ago (always in good standing...I used it for financing deals and was never late and always paid off the balance before interest was charged). Anyway, I have a BB inq showing up as a soft pull. 

So if you had a card in the past that was in good standing, then HSBC may do a soft pull.

Message 12 of 22
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Did you check EQ as well? You have a soft on EX or TU from the date you applied?
Message 13 of 22
PNut08
New Contributor

EX, I'm in NC. I did not check EQ. But the soft shows up on EX, no hard.

Message 14 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

IIRC (if I recall correctly), HSBC pulled Equifax for me when I got the store card. This could very well vary, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 22
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Interesting. I'd like to see if OP only gets softed as well. I thought HSBC pulled EQ and/or TU mainly.
Message 16 of 22
PNut08
New Contributor

A lot of people on whogavemecredit are saying EQ so maybe I need to check that one too, but it's showing up on EX for me.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said, it's worth the hard pull assuming you don't have a lot of inquiries on you right now.  2k limit + whatever money you saved by signing up for the card + 18 months no interest is pretty sweet!

Message 18 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@PNut08 wrote:

A lot of people on whogavemecredit are saying EQ so maybe I need to check that one too, but it's showing up on EX for me.

Many, many lenders will soft you on one report but pull a hard for an actual app on another. That way they have more info on you, since many people have, errr, "prettier" reports with one CRA than another. Smiley Wink

--and that happens both when you already are a customer, and when you don't have an account with them.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not a soft pull!  HSBC does a hard inquiry that is reported to all 3 credit reporting agencies.  I would bet that she had no idea what you were talking about.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.