cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST BUY REWARD ZONE MASTERCARD - IS PLATINUM BETTER?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST BUY REWARD ZONE MASTERCARD - IS PLATINUM BETTER?

I love this card.  Use it for everything and then every few months I have $200+ in certificates to use at Best Buy (will be great when I want that new, better TV!)  Or if you're into video games... just use this card and usually by the end of the month you can get a free game ($60 or so).
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the AF also($39 I believe) and 21.74% apr..

I have yet to call them. And if they make me apply straight up, I'm keeping my Gold.

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

Message Edited by MichaelandLauren on 01-16-2010 04:45 PM
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I love this card.  Use it for everything and then every few months I have $200+ in certificates to use at Best Buy (will be great when I want that new, better TV!)  Or if you're into video games... just use this card and usually by the end of the month you can get a free game ($60 or so).

i just my card friday, what the best way to use it?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I do with my card as well as some good details regarding it:

1. I pay off my balance every paycheck (bi-weekly).

On average I usually spend about $400 - $600 on it every 2 weeks.  This accounts for all my groceries, electronics, gas and just about everything that I would normally pay cash for.  Say I spend $500 in 2 weeks on it (outside of BB), this returns me 250 points which equals a $5 certificate at BB (250 points always equals $5).  After you spend $2500 total in a calendar year, you become a premiere silver member.  This gives you a 50% points bonus on all purchases within Best Buy.  So if you buy something for $200 you'll receive 300 points.  They also have a Reward Zone dining, so if you go to one of the places and use this card, you get more points.

2. This card reports on the final day of the month.

This will allow you to report whatever balance you want to for credit purposes.

3. Bills.

I setup and pay as many bills as possible through this card (insurance, phone, electric, whatever else accepts a credit card as payment).  This way I'm at least getting something back throughout the month rather than just forking over cash from my bank account.

4. You can request a CLI every 6 months (usually a soft pull even though my last was a hard).

A downfall for me with this card so far is my CL is only $1800.  For as much as I use this card, you would think they'd up it by now.

I hope this helps!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's what I do with my card as well as some good details regarding it:

1. I pay off my balance every paycheck (bi-weekly).

On average I usually spend about $400 - $600 on it every 2 weeks.  This accounts for all my groceries, electronics, gas and just about everything that I would normally pay cash for.  Say I spend $500 in 2 weeks on it (outside of BB), this returns me 250 points which equals a $5 certificate at BB (250 points always equals $5).  After you spend $2500 total in a calendar year, you become a premiere silver member.  This gives you a 50% points bonus on all purchases within Best Buy.  So if you buy something for $200 you'll receive 300 points.  They also have a Reward Zone dining, so if you go to one of the places and use this card, you get more points.

2. This card reports on the final day of the month.

This will allow you to report whatever balance you want to for credit purposes.

3. Bills.

I setup and pay as many bills as possible through this card (insurance, phone, electric, whatever else accepts a credit card as payment).  This way I'm at least getting something back throughout the month rather than just forking over cash from my bank account.

4. You can request a CLI every 6 months (usually a soft pull even though my last was a hard).

A downfall for me with this card so far is my CL is only $1800.  For as much as I use this card, you would think they'd up it by now.

I hope this helps!

that sounds like a winner
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.