cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST Backdoor Number: CHASE app status & recon, please??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEST Backdoor Number: CHASE app status & recon, please??

Hi there One and All!

I just applied for the Chase Freedom Card and received the "Your application requires further review before we make a decision" line along with the "10 day message" line.

What is the best/ most current backdoor number for RECON and APP Status ???( I did look above to the backdoor number thread but it seemed from several yrs ago?!)

My general info would be:

EX 756 (through EX)

EQ 716 (FICO)

TU 710 (FICO)

Credit One (8yr old account) 1600 limit/ 800 balance as of today, usually lower)

FNBO (15 yr old acct) 1900 limit/ 200 balance as of today

Zero Inquiries on All reports

No baddies.

Wondering if any of the MyFico team of genius analysts and posters have a quick answer for me?!?! Also, if any commenters have applied for CHASE card with similar numbers to mine could you please extend thoughts on my outcome.

THANKS. Many THANKS!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST Backdoor Number: CHASE app status & recon, please??

Off topic but these kinds of posts are so confusing to me. Your scores are higher than all of mine. I have an invalid collection that I am fighting but it reports nonetheless. And I have two 60 day lates from a couple years ago (one with Chase that I just had GW'ed but after I got my Freedom card). I am 22, have a pretty low AAoA and had a good number of inquiries. I apped for a Freedom card back in December and was approved with 2k CL. What gives?
Message 2 of 29
Cwaxler2008
Established Member

I called this number last weekend 1-888-270-2127 and was successful on my recon--Good luck!

Message 3 of 29
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

First, you haven't gotten denied. Especially if you applied on a weekend, they sometimes can't verify something right away. Second, if you have been denied, You want to know why before you recon. I would strongly advise waiting until you get the denial letter with reason codes. Then pull your credit report and make sure there are no mistakes. Then call the recon line and make your pitch. But it is a sales/elevator pitch, so don't go in blind.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 4 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe they want to approve him for a higher initial limit, which requires a manual review. Maybe they are confused because he has a credit one account. Who knows! Everyone's file is different!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK you allll for your comments and insight!

I will try to refrain from calling too soon to see where the status of my application rests. But I cant guarantee I will be able to make it until I get a letter from Chase. Will probably have to call to check app status by phone.

Truly appreciate the phone number offered and the remarks that my application has not actually been denied. I sure hope that is the case. Not sure what must be reviewed in this situation and didnt realize an application sent on a weekend made a difference. Thanks again for your prompt and informative responses!!

Message 6 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

THANK you allll for your comments and insight!

I will try to refrain from calling too soon to see where the status of my application rests. But I cant guarantee I will be able to make it until I get a letter from Chase. Will probably have to call to check app status by phone.

Truly appreciate the phone number offered and the remarks that my application has not actually been denied. I sure hope that is the case. Not sure what must be reviewed in this situation and didnt realize an application sent on a weekend made a difference. Thanks again for your prompt and informative responses!!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 29
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Let us know how it goes! I'm waiting to app for Chase Freedom in the middle of next week myself.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Let us know how it goes! I'm waiting to app for Chase Freedom in the middle of next week myself.

Good luck!  Mine should arrive this week and I am very excited.

For the OP, when my app was in a holding pattern, I called the "Credit Analyst - Recons" number on the backdoor thread and was approved over the phone.  If you get too impatient, they should be able to manually process your app while on the phone with you.  Good luck.  But I doubt you need it, with your profile I would be shocked if you are not approved.

Message 9 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

How does your EX file look Andrew? Im looking to get in with chase either in july or jan. 2013. Haven't decided yet.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.