Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST CREDIT CARD THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NEW ACCOUNTS OR INQUIRIES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST CREDIT CARD THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NEW ACCOUNTS OR INQUIRIES

@Anonymous wrote:
@ Irish80 you're a community leader and should probably "moderate" without picking sides, yes wade county could've reacted differently however the original comment of "I think you should take the hint and stop applying for new cards" wasn't exactly a very nice way to say it. ANYWAY, congrats OP on the approvals!

I wasn't taking sides.  Too often people come here and ask for advice and then get nasty and defensive when given advice different that what they hear.  Nonetheless I recognize that 'take a hint' doesn't sound friendly either although I don't think SJ meant it in a mean way.  Therefore I edited my post to include a suggestion that a different phrase be used next time.

Message 21 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:
What was the reason for the denial? Was it related to the new accounts? I just wonder if you could be at a point where you are more likely to be denied after getting those other cards.

Yes. I was denied because of too many recent accounts. The nice lady said they didn't care about my high scores or 0% debt to credit utilization. 

I think you should take the hint and stop applying for new card

I couldn't take the hint. Applied for aa citi like the person below suggested based on the reason for my post. Guess what??!?!!! Approved. It's a shame everyone in these forums is smart and boring and really can't contribute even though they are a "super contributer"

If you expect people to help you on these forums, I'd suggest you alter your attitude towards people that are giving you advice.  Even if you were approved for the Citi card that doesn't mean it was a wise move to do so.  Plenty of people here have suffered AA because they opened too many accounts in a short period of time and this AA took place after being approved for another card.

And SJ next time maybe used a different phrase than 'take a hint'. Comes across as less than friendly.

Thanks, Irish.

I didn't mean it in a "less than friendly" way.

I just meant that I thought the reaction OP was getting from banks, that he was opening too many new accounts in a short period of time, was a message that he should indeed stop opening more new accounts for awhile.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:
What was the reason for the denial? Was it related to the new accounts? I just wonder if you could be at a point where you are more likely to be denied after getting those other cards.

Yes. I was denied because of too many recent accounts. The nice lady said they didn't care about my high scores or 0% debt to credit utilization. 

I couldn't take the hint. Applied for aa citi like the person below suggested based on the reason for my post. Guess what??!?!!! Approved. It's a shame everyone in these forums is smart and boring and really can't contribute even though they are a "super contributer"

If you expect people to help you on these forums, I'd suggest you alter your attitude towards people that are giving you advice.  Even if you were approved for the Citi card that doesn't mean it was a wise move to do so.  Plenty of people here have suffered AA because they opened too many accounts in a short period of time and this AA took place after being approved for another card.

And SJ next time maybe used a different phrase than 'take a hint'. Comes across as less than friendly.

Thanks, Irish.

I just meant that I thought the reaction OP was getting from banks, that he was opening too many new accounts in a short period of time, was a message that he should indeed stop opening more new accounts for awhile.

I know you didn't 

Message 23 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ Irish80 you're a community leader and should probably "moderate" without picking sides, yes wade county could've reacted differently however the original comment of "I think you should take the hint and stop applying for new cards" wasn't exactly a very nice way to say it. ANYWAY, congrats OP on the approvals!

Sorry you feel that way chevyguy.

I don't see why it wasn't nice.

I was trying to help.

I've been told by banks that I was applying for too many new accounts in too short a period of time, and my reaction was to slow down. I was just giving my opinion that that is what OP should do as well, since that what the lenders were telling him to do.

I don't think he had to dump on how "smart" I am, or whether I can "contribute", and I don't think Irish was "picking sides".

Message 24 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

Thanks, Irish.

I know you didn't 

Thanks

Message 25 of 29
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But my keyboard isn't broken. Just stuck. Look. Now it's fixed. Saved 5 dollars today!! No thanks to you Smiley Wink 

have an amazing night ! Thanks for the contribution 

Now that your keyboard is unstuck, or you learned how to use the Shift key to counter it, there is an edit feature on your posts. Since no one Quoted from your original post, you can go back, edit that original post and use the pull down to enable you to type the message to replace the all caps. It removes a distraction Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up with a Citi AAdvantage and an AMEX Delta Gold with over 12+ inquiries this year, and my scores are in the mid 600s. With those 2, my income and debt to income ratio was the biggest help (IMO).

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wadecounty03

Smiley LOLNooiice!!!

Did I miss it....I'm really curious??? What's the CLSmiley Indifferent

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

A denial doesn't always mean its time to stop.  I mean, yes usually it does.  But sometimes it means you have an opportunity to learn something about your profile.  And an opportunity to learn how to do a proper recon call!

My first real denial was with chase.  I had just been approved for a citi dc, so went for the IHG and Hyatt last July (scores had just went up quite a bit too). I had been denied for a freedom card some time before that, when the bonus was $300 and I knew nothing about credit.  (nor did I know that 2 weeks or 30 days post app usually means approved, so had I just relaxed I probably would have been approved for both ihg and hyatt) Anyway, First 2 recon calls were terrible. I somehow got the same rep, who was really rude, and insisted I had no experience with credit, and that both of the cards I applied for had $5k min starting limits and my profile just did not support that. (which later I found out, at least the ihg wmc does not have a 5k min limit)..Chase will on occasion pull a 2nd bureau, so once I saw the 2nd HP hit for my IHG/hyatt app, (and back then I was way more hardcore about HP's) I started to panic a little.  3rd phone call was a no go.  But finally the 4th the rep did not understand why I was given such misinformation about min limits and that I certainly could and would be approved, and was given a 5k limit on the IHG. Ironic.  Then I figured what the hay, and called to try to get the Hyatt, but it was a done deal.  Lesson learned with chase. And yeah, 5 recon calls is a bit over the top....

I would be thinking about what you really need vs what you really want.  Also if you have any major things coming up like a mortgage, be aware.  Always check around for the best offers first, do not app on impulse.  There is a database of most cards that list current offers, and historic all time best offers so you know if you are getting a good deal.

But then you also should consider is it worth waiting for a higher signup bonus, would you benefit more from getting the smaller bonus now with its perks, and ability to earn more with that card now, too.

I would also look at your annual spend if you want to think what is best long term.  But since you are talking airlines you need to think about which hubs are closest to you.  First thing that came to my mind was American Express but their special offers on delta ended a few days ago.  BUT, an amex everyday 15/25k offer paired with a platinum 100k or prg targeted/incognito offer would be good if you were close to delta.  Even from the east coast, you can transfer 30k MRs to flying blue and fly round trip to hawaii for a few bucks.  Not to shabby.

And there are quite a few sales on flights sometimes that are a far better deal than using points, or opening a new card, so dont forget to check the travel blogs etc.

You got approved for the Citi AA card.  That would have been even more awesome several months ago when the world elite loophole was much more active.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.