Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST CREDIT CARD THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NEW ACCOUNTS OR INQUIRIES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEST CREDIT CARD THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NEW ACCOUNTS OR INQUIRIES

IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD CREDIT CARD FOR AIRLINE PERKS.  I HAVE OVER 700 CREDIT SCORES ON ALL THREE BUREAUS.  NO BK'S, OR COLLECTIONS.  THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I HAVE A BUNCH OF INQUIRES ON EQUIFAX AND LIKE 6 NEW ACCOUNTS IN THE LAST YEAR.  

ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD CARDS THAT WILL APPROVE ME.  IM LOOKING FOR A CARD THAT WILL GIVE ME GOOD SIGN UP REQARD BONUS'/

FYI I ALREADY HAVE THE VENTURE FROM CAPONE AND A DISCOVER

THANKS AND SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS.  MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK. LOL 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BEST CREDIT CARD THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT NEW ACCOUNTS OR INQUIRIES

To some degree all creditors care about inquiries and new accounts, because these tend to represent a higher risk, statistically. It's hard to find a creditor that will outright ignore these things, because they are common risk factors.

Some creditors are more picky than others, obviously; Barclay and US Bank are generally very stern on inquiries and new accounts. Citi has a number of inquiries that once you are past the application is basically automatically declined and hard to overturn. Chase has the 5/24 rule where 5 new accounts in 24 months automatically disqualifies you for many of their cards, regardless of inquiries.

The best thing to do IMO is to find products that suit your needs and go from there, not ask for a list of specific criteria (only pulls TU, pulls EQ, doesn't care about new accounts, or whatever) and try to justify it. That is working backwards.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i was just denied by chase.  urghhhh. i need one more card with good airline rewards.  HELP!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 29
RonM21
Valued Contributor

What was the reason for the denial? Was it related to the new accounts? I just wonder if you could be at a point where you are more likely to be denied after getting those other cards.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah i was just denied by chase.  urghhhh. i need one more card with good airline rewards.  HELP!!!!!!!!

We need a bit more detail about your general credit situation, and what you are looking for (why you are looking for it).

Looking at your signature, your scores are entering in the range where you should be able to start getting decent approvals for more prime-level cards, but as kdm mentioned you need to select cards based on your specific use/need.

There are many many 'good airline rewards' cards out there, but they are not all ideal for every person who flies. Do you have a preferred airline? would you rather have purchases reimbursed with points? want airport lounge access? ok with or against an annual fee?

You need to consider these types of questions, and let us know exactly what you are looking for before we can offer any helpful direction.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a mechanical keyboard but you CAN BUY A KEYBOARD FOR ONLY 5 DOLLA! Or even less.

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

But my keyboard isn't broken. Just stuck. Look. Now it's fixed. Saved 5 dollars today!! No thanks to you Smiley Wink 

have an amazing night ! Thanks for the contribution 

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We need a bit more detail about your general credit situation, and what you are looking for (why you are looking for it).

Looking at your signature, your scores are entering in the range where you should be able to start getting decent approvals for more prime-level cards, but as kdm mentioned you need to select cards based on your specific use/need.

There are many many 'good airline rewards' cards out there, but they are not all ideal for every person who flies. Do you have a preferred airline? would you rather have purchases reimbursed with points? want airport lounge access? ok with or against an annual fee?

You need to consider these types of questions, and let us know exactly what you are looking for before we can offer any helpful direction.

Gotcha. Ok I'm not a frequent flyer but I do travel every 3-6 months. I'm planning a trip to London or Paris in November so I was looking for the best deal on some kind of card with a signup bonus.  After I posted this, I was on Virgin looking at flights, noticed the Visa Signature they have and got a pop up for a pre approval. Put my last 4 of my social and bam, 19,000 approval.  I'll take it, but it's not the best card for what I'm looking for, 

to answer your question. I usually travel United. I'm ok with an annual fee. Airport access lounge is not a big deal. And yes, I would rather have points. 

Having said that, my scores are good but I have a ton of inquiries on Equifax and 5 new accounts in the last year. Once this Virgin card hits I'll have 6. Transunion is my best score and has only 9 inquiries. Equifax has like 25 lol, and Experian 15. As I said, I was denied immediately by Chase, and I recently opened a Citi card but it's a low

interest rate card-no rewards. 

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
What was the reason for the denial? Was it related to the new accounts? I just wonder if you could be at a point where you are more likely to be denied after getting those other cards.

Yes. I was denied because of too many recent accounts. The nice lady said they didn't care about my high scores or 0% debt to credit utilization. 

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered Amex Delta Skymiles?  Not sure how it compares with other airline cards but I was approved with a lot of inq and new accounts.  

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.