Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST PLACES TO APPLY FOR A HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEST PLACES TO APPLY FOR A HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARD

I'm getting ready to apply for a credit card or two and I was wondering what places often give you higher credit limits. Right now I have a USAA mastercard with an 18,000 dollar credit limit as well as a Penfed visa card with a 7,500 dollar credit limit an Amex blue with a 2000 dollar credit limit and two chase cards one with a credit limit of 2,000 the other 1,500. My credit score is in the 750's.

Every site i look at for people withe excellent credit keeps showing Capital One Cards. I had a Capital One card before and that was the worst card I ever had. I'm looking at the USAA Amex but I also want a visa to replace one of my chase cards. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: BEST PLACES TO APPLY FOR A HIGH CREDIT LIMIT CREDIT CARD

Welcome to the forum,

Do you have US Bank in your area?  If you do, you might want to talk to them.  They have been good to me.  You shouldn't have a problem with your scores.  Good luck. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You. Unfortunately their not in my area.

Message 3 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

There is a new Credit Card Center that is available through my FICO. Just use the link and check out what they have. There are over 800 credit cards listed according to what each person might be looking for and what they might qualify for. Just remember that a FICO score alone is not a guarantee of acceptance.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I looked at that already and it recommended all these Cap One cards their horrible. It seems that the more sites you see recommending a card the worse that card is that's why I put up this post to see what other cards are out there that I might not know of.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEST PLACES TO APPLY FOR A HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARD

If you can meet eligibility requirements, then I recommend NFCU and PSECU.  Also Addison Avenue has done well for many.  USAA is another, which you obviously are aware of.

As for non-CU's, I got far higher limits from the CU's and USAA, ranging from $10k on the low end (Alliant and PenFed Plat Visas) to $20k PSECU, $25k and $15k with NFCU and $20k x 2 with USAA.  Discover is only at $4k.  CapOne prime card was $3k.  BoA is still at $10k...been there for several years, no CLI.  PenFed just gave me their Amex at $10k this month.  DW got $15k with Addison, $20k PSECU, $20k NFCU....and only $2k on Discover....probably time for her to ask for a CLI.

I also got $12k with Chase Health and $14.8k with Care Credit (yep, had some major dental this past year on DW).

Those are the higher limit accounts I've had experience with in the past year or so.

txjohn

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has been strong with CLI's previously and given me strong initial credit lines. My only beef with Citi is the foreign call centers, American's need jobs too! Every app is different and of course YMMV!

Message 7 of 13
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

GE money bank (Lowe's) $12000, told them I was doing a kitchen remodel. Home Depot (Citi) $12000, told them I was doing a kitchen remodel.

Actual price of kitchen remodel, $4200 including Merrilat Cherry tall cabinets, and soapstone tops. Buying through Craigslist, priceless.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys I think I'm going to apply for the addison avenue visa no foreign transaction fees, the usaa amex, and a card from citi.

Message 9 of 13
jm33411

nice

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 830
Goal Score: 860

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.