cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE OF AMEX BONUS BAIT-AND-SWITCH!!!

tag
bspitt
Valued Member

Re: BEWARE OF AMEX BONUS BAIT-AND-SWITCH!!!

Update: I called CS again this morning and explained the situation to them again and everthing that I had been told up to this point. The agent was very helpful and said that he competely understood where I was coming from. He said that he agreed with me and would work to get the promotion restored to what I was told I would be receiving but since it is working with a secondary partner (Delta) he is going to need to escalate it to get it put back on my account. He said he would email me as soon as he heard back. We will see what happens. Im not getting my hopes up, but it is pretty shocking how different options are really available just depending on the agent and changes on their mood.

Message 11 of 15
bspitt
Valued Member

Oh, and I forgot, I posted a slightly edited version of the story I posted here on Amex's community forum last night. It said that it was sent to the moderators for approval to post. It has yet to post.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in account management / partner management so I manage relationships with customers & partners etc. & never in a million years would I treat you they way that they treated you.  That's just dirty.  Even if my guidelines said not to honor it, I would still put up a fight internally to help a customer out.  I take pride in taking care of my relationships.  I really feel for you.  I think if you keep pushing back that you might find someone at AMEX that takes some pride in their work & will fight for you.  It sounds like you found someone like that though today.

Message 13 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bspitt wrote:

Oh, and I forgot, I posted a slightly edited version of the story I posted here on Amex's community forum last night. It said that it was sent to the moderators for approval to post. It has yet to post.

The moderation function there is strange, seems to be if it detects key words.   Most stuff is posted without moderation.  

Message 14 of 15
bspitt
Valued Member

Final update: I got a supervisor to call me back after the CS escalated it again. I was offered 3,000 skymiles, 5% of the total bonus that I was originally planning on getting. The post never got approved by Amex mods. Now I am weighing my options. The card in the long run is good for me as I travel often and about 90% of my flights are with Delta. The companion ticket is certainly an added plus. The HP on my credit in addition to the good opening line (which would potentially become $30k with the 61 day 3x CLI) leads me to not cancel the card. This experience has been so poor though. I dont know... 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.