cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

I have news that is big enough to bring me out of lurkdom - Amex no longer requires a user to wait 60 days for a CLI.

I was in my account and a live chat button popped up, so I thought I would double check my math on my 60 day CLI.  The chat rep said I could apply for a CLI at any time in any amount.  I asked serveral questions, but she was certain.

I immediately called Amex and the rep initally confirmed the 60 day wait period, but then asked me to hold while she checked with her supervisor on "something new" that was in the works.  When she returned, she confirmed you can request a CLI any time after opening the account and in any amount.

Mind.  Blown.

Who wants to be the penguin we shove into the water to check for leopard seals?  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

Oh my!  Smiley Surprised  I am so new with AMEX I will likely err on the side of caution and wait the full 61.  Now, the limit request?  Is it still max 3x?

Any volunteers?!?!?!   Smiley HappySmiley Tongue

Message 2 of 49
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have news that is big enough to bring me out of lurkdom - Amex no longer requires a user to wait 60 days for a CLI.

I was in my account and a live chat button popped up, so I thought I would double check my math on my 60 day CLI.  The chat rep said I could apply for a CLI at any time in any amount.  I asked serveral questions, but she was certain.

I immediately called Amex and the rep initally confirmed the 60 day wait period, but then asked me to hold while she checked with her supervisor on "something new" that was in the works.  When she returned, she confirmed you can request a CLI any time after opening the account and in any amount.

Mind.  Blown.

Who wants to be the penguin we shove into the water to check for leopard seals?  :smileyton

LOL ^^    and interesting.....I'll wait for more replies before I pull the trigger, since I just got a CLI on my Amex BCE last month.  Also, have the Hilton and JetBlue!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Still think waiting 61 days is best unless you have an extremely strong EX credit profile so they can get to know you.. Yes there are approvals early for some, but not for most.. Regarding asking for more than 3x..  That is completly new to me, thought they would just counter with either 3x or lower or just a flat out denial

Message 4 of 49
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Yeah you can RESQUEST it anytime.  You can also request they build you a new house but that doesn't mean they will.

Did you request it early and get it??

Message 5 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

Yeah you can RESQUEST it anytime.  You can also request they build you a new house but that doesn't mean they will.

Yep bit me in the butt I tried it with only 25 days history with Amex and not so strong EXP report and DENIED for 90 days until I can try again on any card is my understanding.. Granted I just apped for a new card and got approved with them.. Mind blown, but whatever floats their boats.  Guessing they figure they get to put another EXP pull on your CR for a new tradeline, but I got 25 yeras of MSD in return so all good.

Message 6 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

There were bumps in the road with this feature, so I would wait closer to 60 days (I did get a cli before 61, but many tried at 30 and were denied, then had to wait another 90 days). The roll out of this new mechanism has been less than smooth.

On the 3x, generally yes. I tend to check spending ability, gives me a good idea what to shoot for. Again, it's a YMMV situation. It can't hurt your case to have at least one billing cycle go through, with successful payment over minimum due.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

To clarify: When I was quizzing the CSR on the phone, she indicated that a new card holder no longer has to wait 60 days to be APPROVED for a CLI.  The request will still be fed through underwriting, but the account no longer has to be over 60 days as a condition of approval.

Message 8 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not going to be the first to pee on this electric fence.

Message 9 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

To clarify: When I was quizzing the CSR on the phone, she indicated that a new card holder no longer has to wait 60 days to be APPROVED for a CLI.  The request will still be fed through underwriting, but the account no longer has to be over 60 days as a condition of approval.

As stated before (and welcome to the forums), it hasn't worked so well (the roll out).  I'd wait.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.