cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

tag
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Re: BIG NEWS! Amex CLI No Longer 60 Day Wait - Request Any Amount!

I applied for and got the Amex Everyday back in November, SL was $3200 (matched my Diamond Preferred), on day 55/56...can't remember, but I may have been a little tipsy and went for the 3X CLI and got the full $9600. I kinda wish I'd gone for $10,000, now. HAHA! Smiley Tongue

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 41 of 49
onstar
Established Contributor

I was approved for the Amex SPG 10 days ago with a $2000 CL. Spent about $900 since opening on the card. None have actually posted as they are all pending.

Seeing this thread, I asked for a 3X CLI. No instant approval. Said I'll get a response in 7 to 10 days. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Amex shouldn't do another HP, right? If so, I'm a terrible gardener. Even if they don't, I'm still a terrible gardener for not knowing.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

I was approved for the Amex SPG 10 days ago with a $2000 CL. Spent about $900 since opening on the card. None have actually posted as they are all pending.

Seeing this thread, I asked for a 3X CLI. No instant approval. Said I'll get a response in 7 to 10 days. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Amex shouldn't do another HP, right? If so, I'm a terrible gardener. Even if they don't, I'm still a terrible gardener for not knowing.

No HP for 3X.

Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

There were bumps in the road with this card, so I would wait closer to 60 days (I did get a cli before 61, but many tried at 30 and were denied, then had to wait another 90 days). The roll out of this new mechanism has been less than smooth.

On the 3x, generally yes. I tend to check spending ability, gives me a good idea what to shoot for. Again, it's a YMMV situation. It can't hurt your case to have at least one billing cycle go through, with successful payment over minimum due.

Question how often can you do this before they lock you out?  Couple times a month?  I wanna play with it a bit, but don't wanna be locked.. Wanna see if I can spend double my current CLSmiley Happy

You could try once or twice in a night, but if you have a specific amount in mind, I wouldn't keep checking.  I've only done it occasionally, to test the next level I might want to cli.  It has always approved the level, then I let it be.

After playing with the tool and checking the available spending ability too often and getting locked out, I was told by a rep that you can check up to twice in a 24 hour periof.  After that, the security feature kicks in. 

Message 44 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

There were bumps in the road with this card, so I would wait closer to 60 days (I did get a cli before 61, but many tried at 30 and were denied, then had to wait another 90 days). The roll out of this new mechanism has been less than smooth.

On the 3x, generally yes. I tend to check spending ability, gives me a good idea what to shoot for. Again, it's a YMMV situation. It can't hurt your case to have at least one billing cycle go through, with successful payment over minimum due.

Question how often can you do this before they lock you out?  Couple times a month?  I wanna play with it a bit, but don't wanna be locked.. Wanna see if I can spend double my current CLSmiley Happy

You could try once or twice in a night, but if you have a specific amount in mind, I wouldn't keep checking.  I've only done it occasionally, to test the next level I might want to cli.  It has always approved the level, then I let it be.

After playing with the tool and checking the available spending ability too often and getting locked out, I was told by a rep that you can check up to twice in a 24 hour periof.  After that, the security feature kicks in. 

Sorry you just found out. Mostly common fact for that tool. It changes day to day. Based on spending. So it's really useless. Unless you are on the way to store at that moment. 

Message 45 of 49
onstar
Established Contributor

@onstar wrote:

So I got response within 15 minutes of requesting a CLI. Got denied because I just had a CLI on a different Amex (Delta Gold) a few weeks ago. From the letter:

"We cannot increase the credit limit of a Card within six months of increasing the credit limit on another American Express Card."

I think I should have known this too. I'm such a slow learner.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure if the OP of the linked thread posted in here but/she got a 3X increase after 10 days. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amex-3x-CLI-After-10-Days/td-p/3806481

Message 47 of 49
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous, no they didn't post, just read.

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Sorry you just found out. Mostly common fact for that tool. It changes day to day. Based on spending. So it's really useless. Unless you are on the way to store at that moment. 

Actually, mine doesn't vary, same results, and I go from a lot of shopping with the card to none for a month.  And what I target for a cli, I get approved.  This is my own personal experience, YMMV.  But, generalizations don't seem to work with Amex at the moment. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited out my 61 days. Went from a small 1k initial credit limit, to a whopping 3k. Now time to wait my 180 days, and get the card to 9k. No rush here, as I have card to choose from, that meet my needs, as well as ample available credit.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.