cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BJ's Visa is changing from Barclay's to Comenity!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BJ's Visa is changing from Barclay's to Comenity!

@skigirl916 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

I'm sure it will be... new bank, new TL.

Same thing happened last year with my BB card.. .1 month with CapOne... then a new TL with the Citi switch.

Not necessarily.  When my Household/HSBC CC was taken over by CapOne, I kept the history.   

Same.

And it showed with the original open date, just a different bank.

HSBC/Household and Capital One are not Comenity.

Message 11 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

I'm sure it will be... new bank, new TL.

Same thing happened last year with my BB card.. .1 month with CapOne... then a new TL with the Citi switch.

Not necessarily.  When my Household/HSBC CC was taken over by CapOne, I kept the history.   

Same.

And it showed with the original open date, just a different bank.

It really varies from lender to lender.   I tend to believe that Comenity would keep the history, but I really have nothing other than speculation on that.   I'm just imagining them trying to tell all their Barney's customers that they lost their account history when they took over their portfolio.  

Exactly, it varies by lender.  Just because HSBC's CC portofilio was purchased by Capital One and kept the same open date/history doesn't mean other Banks will follow suit.  IME, Comenity placed new TLs for both my Barneys New York and Elder-Beerman accounts.  Now, given that my file is pretty thick and with plenty of history, it didn't casue any major fluctuations.  However, these kind of changes would have potential impacts on scoring and AAoA for those whose files are thin or new.

Thank you for sharing your direct experience.   That honestly baffles me that Comenity wouldn't maintain history for those portfolios.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 16
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

Great, Comenity Won't Approve Me For Any Major Cards, Only Store Cards.  I'm Glad I'm Switching To Sams In April When My BJ's Membership Expires.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, CLI button abuse!

Message 14 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Scott_S wrote:

Great, Comenity Won't Approve Me For Any Major Cards, Only Store Cards.  I'm Glad I'm Switching To Sams In April When My BJ's Membership Expires.

You may be pleasantly surprised. I would expect BJs and Comenity may be looking to expand the card base.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 15 of 16
flawesome
Contributor

Can this card be applied for in store or are they not taking apps yet?

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.