Regular Contributor
william23

BK Friendly Cards

Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions I just called the bankruptcy line for the nevada district and my fiancee's bankruptcy was discharged yesterday. Question is number do I have to wait for the letter or I can have her apply and start building her credit.

Also what are some of the Bk friendly cards???

Thank you so much!

Frequent Contributor
stanggt03

Re: BK Friendly Cards

That soon out of bankruptcy, there are few, if any that will approve. It'll take a few weeks or so for her credit reports to update. Wait a few weeks and get a secured card from a CU. After 6 months of payment history, then go for a few BK friendly cards.

Starting Score: 596 EQ 5-22-11 / 554 TU 5-23-11
Current Score: 615 EQ 08-15-11 / 631 TU 09-27-11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
jausanka

[ Edited ]

Crap1

HSBC (Household, Orchard, Best Buy Reward Zone)

Juniper/Barclays

Merrick

PenFed

Navy

Alliant

*PSECU

Edited to add PSECU

Regular Contributor
william23

Update:!!!!!

Orchard Platinum Approved $300.00

Capital One Approved $750.00

Thanks!!!!! Jausanka

Frequent Contributor
stanggt03

[ Edited ]

$750 with Cap1 right out of the gate after BK? **bleep**? It's been almost a year since mine I was just approved for $500 with Cap1 rewards card after rebuilding already with an auto loan and First Premier! Grrr...

But congrats to her, seriously. :smileywink:

Starting Score: 596 EQ 5-22-11 / 554 TU 5-23-11
Current Score: 615 EQ 08-15-11 / 631 TU 09-27-11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
jausanka

william23 wrote:

Thanks!!!!! Jausanka

My Pleasure! Glad my bad experiences in credit could help someone else out.  I don't know if you have ever seen those motivational posters where they have a nifty picture and some inspiring catch phrase beneath... but there is a series of "Demotivators" as well, all in a sarcastic tone.. and this situation reminds me of one in particular (and if I was html savvy, maybe I could even post a picture of it):

Shows a picture of the Titanic sinking...

"Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others"

;-)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+