BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

@Bruiser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp
Seemed rather upfront about the fees or lack thereof.

on the site yes,..
but again, i don't have personal experience with them
i won't say anything else unless i deal with them

I have the Carnival Sea Miles card and have no problems with hidden fees or customer service. If you can get a Barclays/Juniper card for 9-10% go for it. I got a decent credit limit but the APR is terrible. 16.24%. I PIF but ugh.
Message 11 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given the instrumental role that CC TLs play in helping people rebuild credit, I'm going to sticky this thread.
Message 12 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bruiser wrote:
anyone had experience with them since they were bought by wamu?

i just did some checking
wamu seems to be approving with a bk and as low as 590's for their cc

I just received a Wamu card

Transunion (Washington)
No BK

Message 13 of 471
sar1961
Valued Member

I was just approved for the US Airways Platinum Mastercard @Barclays. CL $4000!! I have a BK from 99.
Message 14 of 471
sar1961
Valued Member

I can't believe this!! When I was applying for the US Airways card then session timed out after I hit the button, and told me to apply again. I did. Short story...I was approved for TWO cards. I called, they combined the CL ($8000) and cancelled one card for me. WOW!! The guy was so nice and helpful.
Message 15 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

sar1961 wrote:
I can't believe this!! When I was applying for the US Airways card then session timed out after I hit the button, and told me to apply again. I did. Short story...I was approved for TWO cards. I called, they combined the CL ($8000) and cancelled one card for me. WOW!! The guy was so nice and helpful.

Whoa! Talk about customer service.

"Sorry, we made a mistake. Here's some more CL as a consolation prize. We're fresh outta toasters."

I daresay one will never get service like this outta a CRA.

Message 16 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

lost2007 wrote:
Are you sure, where did you hear or see this?

Making the assumption that you were asking about Providian.

Message 17 of 471
sar1961
Valued Member

I pulled my TC today and the Hooter's is reporting and US Airways is reporting. I haven't even got them yet. I didn't know the CL on Hooter's until I check my report...$4000. I have yet to hear anything from CCCU. I sent an email today, but it looks like they are backed up. I signed up for scorewatch, but I'm waiting until after the first of the month to pull myFico's. TC: TU-660, EX-645, EQ-638.
Message 18 of 471
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

sar1961 wrote:
I pulled my TC today and the Hooter's is reporting and US Airways is reporting. I haven't even got them yet. I didn't know the CL on Hooter's until I check my report...$4000. I have yet to hear anything from CCCU. I sent an email today, but it looks like they are backed up. I signed up for scorewatch, but I'm waiting until after the first of the month to pull myFico's. TC: TU-660, EX-645, EQ-638.

it's always nice when they report early or on time, i've had a few that took awhile

yes, CCCU is backed up and they handle all of the loans/credit on a case by case basis with an actual person looking over your report

what was your us airways CL?

when was your bk?
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 19 of 471
sar1961
Valued Member

My BK was dicharged 02/2000. I did hear from CCCU today asking for a copy of my ss card and to complete an original app. My US Airways has a CL of $8000 (they approved me for two @$4000 and then combined them.
Message 20 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.