tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

Slowly-but-Surely wrote:
EX-674
EQ-697
TU-717

Thanks for all the input on this board!   I just got approved for my first cc's in a long time. 

Try WaMu. I applied and with less then 2 yrs post BK was instant approved for 4500cl & 0% int for 9 mths. They pull TU my score was 661. Best of Luck!!!
Message 71 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu is fine if you didn't file Providian on your BK... same company. I learned this one the hard way... didn't do my research.
Message 72 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Providian card prior to BK in 2001. Disputed account because the account was reporting inaccurate information. Once removed I applied for WaMu account and was approved.
Message 73 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed Providian several times as they were reporting incorrectly... never got any satisfaction, but I sorta gave up. This board has inspired me to try again - a task for next month when my life should settle down a bit.
Message 74 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm new to this forum and don't have all the abbrevations down but here goes.  My bk - chap 7 was discharged on 8/14/07 and closed 8/15/07.  I have a cap 1 platinum cc with $500 cl and $29 af. With my credit sores listed below does anyone know who else might give me cc?  I had orchard bank included in bk along with target red card.  Just joined NFCU(Navy) but not sure what scores I need to get cc with them?  I am working full time with retired military pay and disability.  here are my scores:

TU:  593
EQ: 581
EX: 547

Not sure what I can do to get Experian to report BK properly.  Thanks hope I get some responses.

Sara42
Message 75 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU!!! YOUR ADVICE AND COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL!

My husband is currently on all of my high dollar credit cards such as AMEX with credit limits over $25K.  Since the AU benefit is going away. I wanted to get him credit cards in his own name.

Your messages and suggestions have helped me secure 2 new cards for him!  He now has a AMEX Delta card and the US Airways Dividend
Message 76 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU!!! YOUR ADVICE AND COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL!

My husband is currently on all of my high dollar credit cards such as AMEX with credit limits over $25K.  Since the AU benefit is going away. I wanted to get him credit cards in his own name.

Your messages and suggestions have helped me secure 2 new cards for him!  He now has a AMEX Delta card and the US Airways Dividend Miles
Message 77 of 471
urlosin
Valued Member

I was just approved for Jupiter/Barclays Carnival card with $2250 CL. I have a BK that is 2 years old and have been gold on two auto loans, a Honda card, and a few small CC's since.

The rate is sucky (21%), but I plan on only using it for the 0% balance transfers for a couple of other 21% cards (they will be paid off before intro is up). This will get my usage on all lines to 35% or less.
Message 78 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband just got approved for a WaMu card with a 1,000 credit limit with no previous credit history since 1999.
Message 79 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband got decline for Wamu. I don't know his score.  I have a Wamu but they never give me a credit line increase!

I only keep it so I can view one of my FICO scores.. LOL

NB
Message 80 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.