Not applicable

Re: BK Friendly Credit Cards Listed

Hi everyone,

My bk was filed 10/06.  I have the following cards:

Orchard bk ($300)
Cap 1 ($1000)
Target Red (CL???) just approved
WaMu ($3000) just approved

I was considering getting a Mac, does anyone know how strict Juniper will be?  My TU score is pretty low (618) due to a collection account that s/b listed as part of the bk.  My other two score are
EQ (684) and EX (697)

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Message 81 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got approved for this card with a 539 score just wanted to update u thanke u 4 ur help Tribute 568+ Equifa can any one plz tell me what BK means ???? thank u Message Edited by kollok on 08-31-2007 01:41 AM

Message Edited by kollok on 08-31-2007 01:42 AM
Message 82 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok hello to all it has been over 2 months or so sence i was last here this is wat i have got to so far on trans union 514 to 518 on Experian 521 to 539 on Equifax 518 to 564 in the last 2 or 3 moths now can any one plz tell me what credit card can i apply for and get approved for or what do i need to do to boost my score i would like to be at the 700s can any one plz help i still have a few student loans do u think that's whats hurting me?????? thank u to all
Message 83 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK = Bankrupcy
Message 84 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank u for the replay what about my scores what do u think how can i boost it ??? thank u
Message 85 of 471
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

All,

This forum is great! I have had a discharged BK for 2 years. My scores are: EXP 693, TU 666, and EQX 538. I have gotten 4 cards ($1200 Max) with very low balances since the BK. I really wanted ccs with good limits for emergencies. Thanks to this site, I have been instantly approved for Wamu $2,500 and US Airways $3,000.

This forum is a great resource and support for those following BK!

Phumanr
Message 86 of 471
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Dear Sar1961 or anyone else approved for Hooters,

Was this an instant approval, or did they let you know that you were being processed and you would know the status in 7-10 days?  I asked because Wamu and US Airways were instant approvals with the limits.

Phumanr
Message 87 of 471
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I have not heard of anyone getting an instant approval with Hooters.  I myself got the 7-10 day response 2 weeks ago.  Still haven't heard!Smiley Sad

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-01-2007 11:32 AM
Message 88 of 471
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

All,

Are Citi and Chase BK friendly? Has anyone had any success with them?

Phumanr
Message 89 of 471
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

smallfry wrote:
________________________________________________________________________________
My experiences over the last two plus months. Credit unions seem to be the most BK friendly and are the most generous with credit limits. Navy Federal and Pentagon Federal. Be prepared to provide pay stubs for Penfed and they are much more conservative than the Navy. IF you can get into Navy Federal you must do it. By far the most generous. I got a fairly decent credit limit with Juniper Sea Miles instant approval as well. $7500 but to be fair I had nothing showing on my reports at the time. It was the first in the mini aporama. I received small credit limits from Citi (3K) and Chase (5K) late in the spree. If I had to do it again I thin I would have waited the 3 years to apply for the Citi and Chase cards since the limits are very small. I dunno. My scores took the biggest jump after increasing the number of credit cards from 2 to 4 and available credit limit from 12K to 30K. After the next 5 cards and 60K credit hit my reports I went from EX 705 to 684. So all in all I went from 12K available credit to over 90K brought utilization down from 56% to under 1% and saw my scores just a smidge higher over the course of two months. I am 15 points higher on EQ and TU and 12 higher on EX. I would suggest if you have a BK showing to be careful what you are applying for and do not waste inquiries if you can help it. AMEX is a 99% no go with a BK. Citi and Chase you can get but do not expect large limits at first. Credit unions
__________________________________________________________________________________

This is some good info for you!

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-01-2007 12:21 PM
Message 90 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.