Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK cards?

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: BK cards?

@daisydvm wrote:

Discover is BK "friendly" . Soulmaster got a card about a year after his discharge. I got the discover app itch a few weeks ago and chatted with one of their reps online. I asked if a BK was an automatic denial and she said no. For whatever that is worth.

GEMB is BK friendly, I'm not sure how long you have to wait post BK to get a card from them. I got their CareCredit card about 3 years post BK. Capital One gave me a card 2 months after my chapter 7. I included them in the BK. I also recently got an Apple Barclays with a $4000 limit.

@Anonymous, yes I did!  It was 11 months.  FWIW, I'd had my C1 for 6 and my Orchard for 11 at the time of apping.  Also took out a Credit Builder loan @ my CU which was 10 months into it's term of 12 months.

I got my Barclays 13 months post discharge, and even included Barclays in the BK.  They clearly don't give a flip. (the BK'd account even shows when I log in).

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try your local CUs. NFCU is good if you are eligible. Some of the other CUs are a little conservative. NASA CU though I believe is BK friendly and will usually give higher limits than what you would get from other places

Message 12 of 15
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
File will be clean.in december...........3 inq on exp only.....2 with amex ......

When you say this, you mean everything except the BK, right? 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 13 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

@daisydvm wrote:

Discover is BK "friendly" . Soulmaster got a card about a year after his discharge. I got the discover app itch a few weeks ago and chatted with one of their reps online. I asked if a BK was an automatic denial and she said no. For whatever that is worth.

GEMB is BK friendly, I'm not sure how long you have to wait post BK to get a card from them. I got their CareCredit card about 3 years post BK. Capital One gave me a card 2 months after my chapter 7. I included them in the BK. I also recently got an Apple Barclays with a $4000 limit.

@Anonymous, yes I did!  It was 11 months.  FWIW, I'd had my C1 for 6 and my Orchard for 11 at the time of apping.  Also took out a Credit Builder loan @ my CU which was 10 months into it's term of 12 months.

I got my Barclays 13 months post discharge, and even included Barclays in the BK.  They clearly don't give a flip. (the BK'd account even shows when I log in).

-SM

Wow...................Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
File will be clean.in december...........3 inq on exp only.....2 with amex ......

When you say this, you mean everything except the BK, right? 

Yes all that will be left is BK reporting

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.