Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLACK CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BLACK CARD

Just curious: Has anyone applied for, or been approved for the exclusive BLACK CARD by VISA?

It is promoted as THE WORLD'S MOST PRESTIGIOUS AND VERSATILE CREDIT CARD.

It's made of patent pending CARBON, and is limited to only 1% of U.S. residents. $495 Annual Fee.

I know I'll never have one unless I hit the Lottery.

Mike (griffss)

EQ:734, TU:753, EX:723

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BLACK CARD

Not actually the most prestigious card.  While they make it of some cool material, and make it black....they offer it to other than the ultra rich.  And they will issue with lower than expected CL's too....like as low as $500.  And I think the 1% of population claim is more due to the fact that probably less than 1% would be willing to pay the annual fee, not because it is so exclusive or restrictive.

This is a Barclay's card and is hyped to be appealing to those who are prestige conscious, but cannot actually afford or obtain the truly prestigious cards or CL's.

With your scores, you probably could qualify, unless you have some old derogs/Bk or too much new credit.

IMO.

Message Edited by txjohn on 12-31-2009 01:45 PM
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BLACK CARD

I rember someone on hear got a 300 limit and was mad that it didnt even cover the AF
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BLACK CARD

You could get the citi primer pas i think it looks better anyway then juniper black card
Message 5 of 17
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is promoted as THE WORLD'S MOST PRESTIGIOUS AND VERSATILE CREDIT CARD.

It's made of patent pending CARBON, and is limited to only 1% of U.S. residents. $495 Annual Fee.

Don't confuse what the card looks like and what it is made out of with real world utilization.  What makes this particular card more versatile than all the millions of other, plain vanilla, Visa cards?  This is just a marketing exercise for those who seemingly want to impress their friends and co-workers.  Pass on that.

And 1% of US residents means there are more than 3 million potential cardholders.  This would hardly be considered unique or rare by those standards.  About as rare as a Ford product.  Yawn .......

Message Edited by Watchmann on 12-31-2009 06:37 PM
Message 6 of 17
demo18c
Contributor

Go for the AMEX platinum card.....which I think is better than the Visa flack card..way more prestige points

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The Black Card is not worthy of anyone's consideration.
Message 8 of 17
marty56
Super Contributor

My RBFCU debit card is better than the Black card since it offers 0% APR for life, no fees, no credit limit and never reports to the CRAs.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

Any card that charges an AF isn't welcome in wallet.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.